Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 S thats bone stock. I'm looking to get some bigger tires for it, but I'm reluctant to lift (it's my daily driver, and I already feel like im going to roll it on turns, so why push the envelope more?). So, what is the max tire size i can run on a non lifted X. I don't want the X to look "slammed" with the top of the tire nearly touching the top of the wheel well, and I also want to retain most, if not all of the suspension travel.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

·
on line
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the responses. So with the 285/75/r16 tires I'd still have plenty of room between the tire and the top of the wheel well and I'd retain the great wheel articulation?

·
on line
191 Posts
You'll rub with 285/75's so you'll have to melt the inner fender with a heat gun. The tires might also appear too big for your liking. With the 265/75's you'll have bigger tires than stock(non OR model), but won't rub even at full bump/full lock.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I'm not as familiar as most of the "old timers" on this board, with the diff. types of tires for lifts and MAX fittments, but--

--These Pro-Comp LT265-75-16R M/T's are mtd on Pro-Comp #8089's ,16x8 and they are 31.5 inches tall--

--

--I imagine, if you had them put on your STOCK 16x7 wheels they would be about 31&3/4 inches "tall"-No cutting or fitting--Also fill your wheelwell a little more--Good luck-

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
2,125 Posts
i just bought some nitto terragrapplers. 265/75R16 they look awesome. i also have a stock S and they fill up the wheel wells very nicely.

·
on line
671 Posts
I run 265 75 16 on my 2wd X.
they fill up the wheel wells & no scrubbing yet.

·
on line
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
when you guys say they "fill up the wheel wells nicely" you mean that they just look awesome. As in it doesn't looke like the top of the tire is right up at the top of the well right? And you won't rub with 265/75/r16's right?

thanks a lot for the greta replies guys.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
here are some pics of 265/75/r16 nitto terragraplers at multiple articulations. no rub. like others have said you can go bigger, with a 255/85r16 or 285/75r16.....I actually downgraded from the 285/75r16 to the 265/75r16

and some straight on shots

1 - 14 of 14 Posts