1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
2,125 Posts
i have the silverstars and they seem plenty bright to me lol... i tried some of the APC blue type headlights about 3 seconds after i turned the headlights on the passenger side light blew out. man was i mad. it left a coating inside the headlight that was yellowish and i cant seem to clean it out. but no i havent tried those. i think they sell then at my local advanced auto. i might go check them out. have some left over gift cards from christmas...

·
on line
2,573 Posts
You can always bump up to Hellas Xenon 100/80w 9007s BUT " You have to worry about the increase in Wattage on your factory wiring and connections"

There are some ways around it so as not to worry " adding larger gauge wire "

Just another option I saw while looking for bulbs.

DaveP

·
on line
443 Posts
SS Ultras, GE NIGHTHAWK (or something like that), and HID. hay, guess what, hids were the brights.

·
on line
432 Posts
Using Silverstars right now. After my last storm chase session a few nights ago I'm searching around for one of the HID kits that lets you adjust the temp (color) on the fly. White for normal and turn it down to the cool blue when it's raining hard. The blue won't reflect nearly as bad.

When I went chasing this last time I ended up spending time with my lights OFF just so I could see the damn road from the street lights. Hard raid and bright white don't work well together.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Stock.

And these:

·
on line
1,638 Posts
TXterra37 said:
HID conversion kits are available for just the reg headlight bulbs? I saw that thread about the kits for the Hellas.
I have the HID kit in the stock headlight housing right now. One of the best mods for the car. Light output is amazing.

·
on line
117 Posts
I went thru 3 sets of CEC Xenon 80/100 watt bulbs. I was trying different headlight bulb tints to see which was brighter. After about 4 months of using those, the headlights started to flicker. I ended up melting the sockets which the bulbs pluged into.

I rewired new sockets and started using silverstar ultras and love them.

I'd stick with what you got.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
njsolar said:
I would imagine that an HID kit in our stock housing would cause a ton of light scatter and blind every oncoming driver.
A lot less than you think compared to other cars. Primary reason being that if you look into the headlight housing, there is a metal cap right in front of the bulb to block direct forward projection of the light the lack of which is the main cause of light scatter that you see on so many other cars. This forces the bulb to follow the same reflection patterns of the stock halogen bulbs. I've never been flashed by other cars b/c of my lights. I've only had to lower the aim once my SL and BL went in.

·
on line
443 Posts
it depends on the hid bulbs. I have had a few, and some had great patters and others were just CRAP.

·
on line
2 Posts
hid lights

ok every one i put hid lights in my x today i cant wait for nite time to see how they look if they look as good as they did in my garage i cant wait to drive around ill post pics later tonight

1 - 20 of 21 Posts