Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what people have herculined around, on top, or under their X?

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: All 10mm TORX screws under body--

--Just kidding-

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
509 Posts
it started with my rims and then it moved onto my cell phone, dog buscuit jar, a lighter, a bong (RIP), and I've tried to do my girlfriend but she wont let me.

I use the dupli-color bed liner.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Rocker panels, Part way up the doors, Shrock front bumper and Shrock sliders. I plan on doing the Shrock rear bumper this winter. I didn't have time to when I got it and I have been too lazy to take it off.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
TXterra37 said:
Spin-off question for you guys who have Herculined various X parts: how has it held up? Looks good, withstood summer heat, etc.?
It fades because of the sun (there is a coating you can put on it to prevent this).

It does scrape off if you run it over rocks (but it can be touched up).

There are some spots where it looks like it has thinned out in places, but I am not sure that is the case, or just because it's faded that you can see some spots that I missed (I noticed this on the front bumper which I ran out of liner just as I was finishing it up, so my guess, I just missed a 2nd coat in some spots.

·
on line
3,333 Posts
I want to herculine the front part of the hood (bug deflector) but I am afraid it will look bad. I am planning on rockers and roof this summer and I might stealth out my wheels too but with bed liner.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Watch using a Herculiner style bedliner on the wheels. There is no way to get an even weighted coat over.

I think doing just the front part of the hood would look strange. Especially with Herculiner since it's got some serious texture to it.

·
on line
3,333 Posts
Muzikman said:
Watch using a Herculiner style bedliner on the wheels. There is no way to get an even weighted coat over.

I think doing just the front part of the hood would look strange. Especially with Herculiner since it's got some serious texture to it.
Yeah I would prolly try to find a more fine coat bed liner for the hood area. I just dont like bug deflectors or bras very much.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Didnt snoopy (or someone else with a white X) herculine the outside of his fenders. I believe he got a few body scars on his white truck so he herculined them white.... cant really rememer though

·
on line
631 Posts
There is a 2nd gen fronty here in Vegas that hurculined his fenders, lower rocker and fender on the bed... looks nice! i only saw it once, and never again.. but i think he sold it

·
on line
1,054 Posts
I've got my rims done (front & backside), I've got my shrock sliders done and I just finished painting all my skids in the Dupli-color bedliner.

I have found that black magik tire shine works perfect for making the tone alot darker on the rims, I did have a issue with some fading but when I notice fade which is usually after a car wash because the water out here is really hard (calcium) so I found using the black magik helps.

·
on line
271 Posts
Correct. I used white Durabak (kind'a like Hurc but had more colors) on the fenders. I also used black Durabak on the plastic rear bumper sections. So far so good, it's holding up very well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts