Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

28921 - 28938 of 28938 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The top of the plastic grill had no fasteners so found specs on site and was able to order 100 from amazon and they worked had to use 6 but grill is still not quite aligned correctly. Will need to remove and check alignment of bottom clips. Started addressing faded plastic trim. Getting good info from site on best products to use. Also received front license plate mounting bracket - large one that plate mounts to but need to locate proper mounting inserts - previous owner drilled a few holes that used to mount plate directly to bumper. Also previous owner swapped out OEM stereo with Pioneer H-X700BT I guess to have hands-free capabilities. Was able to finally convert all ma4 files to mp3 (11K+ files took two days) now have unlimited tunes on USB drive. Ordered remote for stereo and it works great. Waiting on Rhino seat covers from Coverking, front and back Weathertech floor mats and rear window deflectors and hood bug deflector. Researching touch up paint for small nicks and scraches.
Also any suggestions for best mud guards would be appreciated. Xterra (Jet) is black so anything to help keep her clean will be welcome. Have a safe day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It’s finally running again after new plugs, new battery, fixed a few oil issues, and lost a lot of weight in my wallet! Ready for winter though!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update on add ons. Received mud flaps but will need to take wheels off to install. Added hood wind/rocknbug deflector after touching up existing chips on hood. Might sell original Xterra floor mats. Repaired hole in front bumber with Bondi and was able to use license bracket bolt inserts. Waiting on license plates and CoverKing seat covers. After that will just do a good exterior wash, treat all rubber gaskets and wax job and maintain. Beginning of year plan to replace all fluids: tranny with filter, coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid, AC Freon and differential.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Don’t order a transmission filter; it is a screen for large particles and does not need to be replaced unless you blew up your transmission. Also, replacing Freon? That is not a maintenance item for any vehicle, ever. And it’s not Freon anymore

·
Registered
58 Posts
Swapped/bought a member's shrockworks front bumper last week. Finally got it aligned and installed the front bash plate. I also just put some of the old KC daylighters I have on it to see what it looks like. I'm definitely either upgrading them to LED or getting something in a similar form factor. I love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just ordered mine today! What was the lead time on yours? They told me about 3 months.
Same here, 3 months. Ended up being a couple weeks longer, but worth the wait. I manage a metalworking / welding shop so I'm familiar with how it's made and the quality of the work is top notch. The install was straight forward and the fit was perfect, no forcing anything to make it work and was able to get it done by myself. Lots of compliments for how it looks on the truck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don’t order a transmission filter; it is a screen for large particles and does not need to be replaced unless you blew up your transmission. Also, replacing Freon? That is not a maintenance item for any vehicle, ever. And it’s not Freon anymore
Ya I am old school and coolant is always gonna be Freon (R22) so in Texas we usually replace it every two years cause its hot as hades. Understand about the AT filter but in habit of replacing that when AT fluid is replaced.

·
TNX Veteran
3,978 Posts
Ya I am old school and coolant is always gonna be Freon (R22) so in Texas we usually replace it every two years cause its hot as hades. Understand about the AT filter but in habit of replacing that when AT fluid is replaced.
Get out of that habit. Do the "Poor Man's Flush" every 30k and you'll be far better off. Use Valvoline Max life.

There in Texas.... You What? That's one of the silliest things I've ever heard.... But Whatever.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It gets pretty hot in az, never heard of changing freon. Maybe getting it serviced and making sure there is oil in the lines, but that is about it.
Ya your right meant check charge and top off if necessary. Long time ago use to change oil in compressor about every two to three years. Now supposedly suppose to last life of compressor.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Found a little puddle of coolant under the drivers side of the radiator this afternoon. On inspection it looked as though the spring clamp had given up. I bought a few of the screw type hose clamps and swapped out all but the one at the block.

When i did the lower hose, the clamp broke in to 2 pieces. I caught it just in time and hopefully with a bleed itll cure my heater issues too

·
Registered
197 Posts
Found a little puddle of coolant under the drivers side of the radiator this afternoon. On inspection it looked as though the spring clamp had given up. I bought a few of the screw type hose clamps and swapped out all but the one at the block.

When i did the lower hose, the clamp broke in to 2 pieces. I caught it just in time and hopefully with a bleed itll cure my heater issues too
You caught that in time for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28921 - 28938 of 28938 Posts