Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

What has The X Done to My Wallet Lately?

7M views 30K replies 2K participants last post by  GreenBay1921 
#1 ·
Getting hot on the mods already. :)

Just interior for right now, but these were top priority.

Friday I ordered my ScanGaugeII w/ Blendmount. (paid $179 for the same package last year, $206 is how much they cost now! :( )

And a few minutes ago, I got the rear cargo barrier from Raingler.

Can't decide what we're doing next. But at 1500mi, I"m switching everything to Mobil 1.

So what have you all done lately for your X? :hello2:

#28,201 ·
That's what I was hoping to hear. I'm dragging my feet on this but I really want a full android head unit in my X. I think that'll be my christmas present this year.
From my basic research (I too am looking at Android head units), the Joying (https://www.joyingauto.com/) ones seem to be fairly popular. They are a bit more money than the Atoto used above, but have faster processors and a more modern version of Android.

#28,206 · (Edited)
Titan swapped.

Will fine tune it soon--higher rear, lower front; check my build thread for details.
Yup! I was on the fence about completing mine this week, since we're looking at a bit of drizzle... Just seeing yours makes me want to do it even moreso now. Looks awesome!

Do you have a build thread? Just curious about your setup and which parts you're using. I have everything now, but wanted to see if my setup is similar and how well (or not well) it works.

EDIT: Haha I was sitting in lineup for work when I read this... I'll check the build thread. [emoji28][emoji2359]

#28,207 ·
Yup! I was on the fence about completing mine this week, since we're looking at a bit of drizzle... Just seeing yours makes me want to do it even moreso now. Looks awesome!

Do you have a build thread? Just curious about your setup and which parts you're using. I have everything now, but wanted to see if my setup is similar and how well (or not well) it works.

EDIT: Haha I was sitting in lineup for work when I read this... I'll check the build thread. [emoji28][emoji2359]

No worries!
Parts for the front:
Glamisdude custom tophats
FJ cruiser 4x4 passenger springs (too heavy even with sliders and skid plates)
Tundra bil 5100
Moog LCAs
SPC UCAs
Hitachi inner tie rod
Moog outer
Rugged Rocks brake lines
QX56 CVs (have extended chromoly shafts to modify OEM CVs soon).
Some generic bump stops.
PRG delrin spacers.

#28,208 ·
Yesterday: had muffler shop install Magnaflow cats (4) and Walker quiet flow muffler. Acceleration feels smoother and sound is normal.

Today: popped an MIL for P2A03. Ordered OEM gaskets, and will probably end up ordering O2 sensors as well.

#28,209 ·
Yesterday: had muffler shop install Magnaflow cats (4) and Walker quiet flow muffler. Acceleration feels smoother and sound is normal.

Today: popped an MIL for P2A03. Ordered OEM gaskets, and will probably end up ordering O2 sensors as well.
How do you like it? Did it affect the sound? Was wondering about the cost too. I need to do the cats for piece of mind and my tail pipe from the muffler back looks like it's 1/8th inch of solid rust.

#28,211 ·
How do you like it? Did it affect the sound? Was wondering about the cost too. I need to do the cats for piece of mind and my tail pipe from the muffler back looks like it's 1/8th inch of solid rust.

So far it seems good ,other than the error code lol. For sound I previously had been talked into replacing the muffler with some random brand (flowsound?) a few months back, which was pretty loud and droney, so compared to that it purrs like a kitten. For cost I got the muffler and piece of pipe for ~100, if you need tailpipe too I think it’s like another 80. Cats had to be CARB compliant so I had CarID price match amazon at one point when they had a good price on the primaries, then bought the secondaries through an eBay seller when there was a 20% off coupon.

#28,213 ·
Accidental Mod

Added flexible 3d printed spacers to the rear brake line mounts. This mod happened by chance and not by design. When installing the AAL's and shocks we dropped the rear end too low and I freaked out for a moment and took the bolts out of the mounting brackets to relieve the stress on the lines. Well, after buttoning everything back up these were still hanging about 1/2 inch above the mounts so I figured they appear happy there so why not make it permanent with care of a couple of longer bolts and some home made spacers. It's always a good day when a mistake turns into an advantage.

Attachments

#28,215 ·
Dammit that looks good...right when I was getting happy with mine and thinking I was done with suspension work haha. I could check your build thread probably but is the light bar you have the curved type?

Thanks! The swap isn't exactly where I want it yet, but it sure is closer!

Yes, it's curved. 32" ...I think?

It wedges right in there snug and then is bolted to the factory crash bar.
Aims a tad low for my taste, but not bad by any means.

#28,216 ·
Thanks! The swap isn't exactly where I want it yet, but it sure is closer!

Yes, it's curved. 32" ...I think?

It wedges right in there snug and then is bolted to the factory crash bar.
Aims a tad low for my taste, but not bad by any means.
Yeah the work never ends haha. I have my lightbar mounted similarly but I've been wishing I'd bought a longer one basically from the day I put it in, I think this is the one I'm going with now, it looks like a perfect fit.

#28,217 ·
Wonderful. JUUUUST wonderful. Smelled coolant when running the AC on the way home from work today.

Googled some symptoms and apparently it's a leaking heater core. Figured I'd take a day or two and tear the dash apart in a few days to find a small leak...

Just checked (it's 1 am, I get off at midnight) and the ENTIRE passenger side carpet is soaked. Coolant leaking from the bottom of the glove compartment area.

Looks like I'm tearing the dash apart in the am. [emoji34][emoji58][emoji19]

Aaand the Titan Swap will have to wait until next week. [emoji17]

#28,218 ·
After a fair amount of frustration trying to figure out where the bearing noise was coming from, I had the rear diff rebuilt with new bearings. The outer pinion bearing was about to go.... all good now.

Looks like I'm in need of motor mounts soon.

#28,219 ·
Wonderful. JUUUUST wonderful. Smelled coolant when running the AC on the way home from work today.

[emoji17]
If you don't need to run the heat currently (I have no idea what the weather is like out there) you can just bypass the heater core at the inlets and connect the the two hoses together to keep the loop going. That would let you work on it later if you need more time.

#28,220 ·
After a fair amount of frustration trying to figure out where the bearing noise was coming from, I had the rear diff rebuilt with new bearings. The outer pinion bearing was about to go.... all good now.

Looks like I'm in need of motor mounts soon.
I put a link up for the factory mounts in the online finds section a while back, I got them both for $131 on Amazon. Super easy to install which is nice, with an impact wench, a long extension, a piece of wood and bottle jack and you can knock them out in 20 min.