Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
29941 - 29960 of 29963 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
$239 for the diehard platinum battery
$2.5K for OME lift kit and upper control camber arms
$1.6K for the nismo front bumper and 2 black bezel OEM headlights
+ whatever the cost of getting this stupid ass after market auto start taken out (I was quoted about $180)

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Rear/front view cameras on an L bracket. Records when you want it to, front camera is inside, rear one outside on top of hatch door. I had this setup for a month but the mounts and hidden cables are new.
Sky Ecoregion Mountain Vehicle Nature

L bracket at 68 degree bend, glued to plastic with red double sided 3M tape.
2x magnetic phone holders from Amazon.
Back of camera screen assembly has round metal circles which attach to these round magnets. Metal side is glued as well
Blue Bag Plant Car Automotive design

Hideaway cables continue under floor carpet below
Sleeve Automotive tire Grey Automotive exterior Carbon

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
$476 for front driver hub bearing assembly, including labor.

idk not too bad. part from advance auto was $250 itself and i dont have the time to do it myself right now, we are taking a trip up into the rockies in 2 days so i needed it done and they could do it then.

Stans alignment and brakes in denver. good place.

of course now my radio ( pioneer) doesnt have any sound. cool.

·
Registered
2013 Xterra with some of the bullshits
12 Posts
jumping jack has been making these lightweight, rugged off grid campers for almost 20yrs. Jumping Jack Trailers - New & Used Trailers, Service, Financing, and Parts in Salt Lake City, UT, near Bountiful and Murray
generally they are marketed to the desert/BLM ground campers or western hunting base campers. very rugged. optional dual queen beds with a fold up table and almost 8' of ceiling height.
I absolutely love my Jumping Jack. It's about 10 years old now and still works like a charm. Only had to replace one of the shocks two years ago from constant opening and closing. Cost 60 bucks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Debating on regearing to a factory 3.69 as well. Interested to hear your feedback
Well just took the Xterra out for its first drive with the new lift, wheels, tires, and new axles. The new 3.69 gears definitely woke it up. It had more get up and go on the bottom end now with the new setup. Went from 29” tall tires and 3.13 gears to 33.5” and 3.69. Feels a lot better with throttle resonance and acceleration.

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
193 Posts
Got a set of ADO UCAs during their sale and got them on this week. It’s probably a combination of the cbc I was experiencing from my ado bilstein lift w/ heavy springs and the fact that my stock ucas had 120k miles on them, but my ride quality totally improved. Softer and more responsive going over expansion joints and bumps on the highway. Wish I had done this sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well just took the Xterra out for its first drive with the new lift, wheels, tires, and new axles. The new 3.69 gears definitely woke it up. It had more get up and go on the bottom end now with the new setup. Went from 29” tall tires and 3.13 gears to 33.5” and 3.69. Feels a lot better with throttle resonance and acceleration.
How are you liking the new gears? Any initial affects on MPG that you can notice?

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
did a bunch of work on the rear end recently.

brakes , new rotors, pads and shoes, just needs a fluid flush.

new kyb gasadjust shocks on the rear axle as well, they feel much better than the old worn out ones they replaced.

also up front installed a new radio( cheap BOSS brand but its 100% better than the 10-15 y/o system it had that no longer worked!) man that was a pita due to the way the po had a system set up and then when they traded it in they just ripped out what they wanted.

it was a complete nightmare of wiring but i finally figured that i could just do away with 90% of it as i wasnt using gps or hands free or steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my 2010 off road manual two weeks ago here is the list so far:

• Maintenance: New fluids, headlights, and spark plugs. Restored exterior plastics and headlights. Only thing left is to fix the broken brackets on the Nismo CAI the previous owner put in.
  • Pioneer dmh-wc5700nex head unit, spent too much on this but it ticked all the boxes for me with wireless carplay being #1. Loving it so far! Also went with Axxess ASWC-1 and the bluetooth bypass to retain the factory steering wheel controls (and re-mapped them to something sensible)
  • Backup camera
  • ARB 2000mm Awning + attachable room on the way, with fourtreks awning mounts
  • Bunch of new camping gear in preparation for my first summer ever with something capable off road in the PNW

Idk what it is about the Xterra but I can't stop buying stuff for it and I just love this vehicle. Next on my list: recovery gear, Nismo front bumper (I missed the sale, so might wait until I can find a better deal).. then going to try to hold off as best I can before I go broke.

·
Registered
8 Posts
First "mod" on the X I picked up a couple weeks ago. Replaced the street tires the previous owner had on this thing. Put on some Toyo Open Country AT3's in 265/75/16 (E load). I can notice the extra 10 lbs per tire, but it's not as bad as I expected. Weird note: according to both Toyo's website and Discount Tire's, the white lettering sidewall version is a quarter inch taller than the black side wall for the same size. I may have got the white if I knew that. Regardless, I'm happy with the look and feel of them so far. I won't go on the tire thread and give it a 10/10 after my first mile on pavement :sneaky:, but I look forward to putting them through their paces after I yank off the side steps and mud flaps then hit some dirt.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive carrying rack Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Car

·
Registered
2007 X 6MT
164 Posts

Had a decent haul from the junkyard over the weekend. Found a wrecked SE trimmed Pathfinder. Debating whether to use the Pathfinder sunglasses holder with two inoperable switches or go with the larger sunglasses holder from a Bluetooth enabled frontier.
Any thoughts as to using the momentary sunroof switch for a function on the X? I was thinking garage door opener, but I believe the gentex mirror comes with homelink. I also considered a "polite" horn function. Like a weeoo-weeooo the light is green, wakey wakey, or the police electric horn buzz. The larger holder - if I go with it - probably be a rocker switch gang.

29941 - 29960 of 29963 Posts