Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
29921 - 29940 of 29963 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
SICK! can you share anymore info on that trailer?
jumping jack has been making these lightweight, rugged off grid campers for almost 20yrs. Jumping Jack Trailers - New & Used Trailers, Service, Financing, and Parts in Salt Lake City, UT, near Bountiful and Murray
generally they are marketed to the desert/BLM ground campers or western hunting base campers. very rugged. optional dual queen beds with a fold up table and almost 8' of ceiling height.

I would bet money that i could get mine unhooked and setup quicker than a soft roof top tent. No poles, no support wires. I been completely setup from uncoupling to bedding down in less than 4 minutes.

Tarpaulin Tent Motor vehicle Automotive tire Shade

Tent Shade Bed Automotive exterior Roof

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
jumping jack has been making these lightweight, rugged off grid campers for almost 20yrs. Jumping Jack Trailers - New & Used Trailers, Service, Financing, and Parts in Salt Lake City, UT, near Bountiful and Murray
generally they are marketed to the desert/BLM ground campers or western hunting base campers. very rugged. optional dual queen beds with a fold up table and almost 8' of ceiling height.

I would bet money that i could get mine unhooked and setup quicker than a soft roof top tent. No poles, no support wires. I been completely setup from uncoupling to bedding down in less than 4 minutes.

View attachment 141817
View attachment 141818

wow, I have never seen anything like that, which is surprising! I like the concept though, esp if you going to be set up somewhere for a few days.

really neat! thanks for sharing!

EDIT: I did some looking around on their site, the 6x8 seems ideal for us, $7995 is alittle steep but i suppose worth it if its rugged and well built. what seems little ridiculous is the $2k upgrade to the "black out" model, which appears to be essentially larger wheels and tires.. for 2k lol no thanks, i'd get the regular one and upgrade.

·
Registered
48 Posts
wow, I have never seen anything like that, which is surprising! I like the concept though, esp if you going to be set up somewhere for a few days.

really neat! thanks for sharing!

EDIT: I did some looking around on their site, the 6x8 seems ideal for us, $7995 is alittle steep but i suppose worth it if its rugged and well built. what seems little ridiculous is the $2k upgrade to the "black out" model, which appears to be essentially larger wheels and tires.. for 2k lol no thanks, i'd get the regular one and upgrade.
Their prices have gone up during covid. I wouldn't even consider buying one new but luckily i found a 2017 6x8 standard "locally" and got the price to $3,800. If you are on the west coast near Utah, they are for sale routinely on a facebook jumping jack owners page.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Oh great!!! What kind of world is this coming to, when the guns are safer than the gun safes
HAHA!! Right!

This wouldn't have happened if they would have strapped it to the wall as they should have. Oh well, It looks like the only damage is to the brake backing plates. I sent an email off to the salvage yard where I got it from. We will see if they want to file a claim. New backing plates are $112 each.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Both fog lights went out
fuse? Relay? Wiring?
Both lights looked continuous inside
15amp fuse located. Blown.
Replaced.
Blew again.
Liquid Gas Glass Drinkware Lamp
Turns out the filament inside one lamp melted and fused into a thick wire strip, causing high current flow. Which blew a fuse. Then another.
The second lamp was fine.

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S 4x4
22 Posts

Had a decent haul from the junkyard over the weekend. Found a wrecked SE trimmed Pathfinder. Debating whether to use the Pathfinder sunglasses holder with two inoperable switches or go with the larger sunglasses holder from a Bluetooth enabled frontier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just need to grease the ball joints and bleed the brakes. Then the front end is all finished up.

Nisstec MKll front coilover 3”
SPC upper control arms
Mevotech lower control arm
Mevotech inner and outer tie rods
SPC cam bolt
Nisstec stainless steel brake lines
New drilled and slotted rotors
Rebuilt brake calipers
Powerstop brake pads
Timken wheel bearings
Rebuilt my CV axles

2010 R180 rebuilt with 3.69 gears, Lokka, and new seals.

Automotive tire Tire Aircraft Motor vehicle Vehicle

Brown Food Wood Cuisine Ingredient

Lamp Electricity Gas Tints and shades Electronic device

Asphalt Road surface Style Black-and-white Wall

Light Luggage and bags Bag Sleeve Font

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
684 Posts
Your frame looks better than new! Really the whole front end does. Nice work. I hope you get plenty of trail time with that!

29921 - 29940 of 29963 Posts