Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
29861 - 29873 of 29873 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Swapping the transfer case and replacing the steering rack bushing with super pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put in a set of those bushings, man, I wish i had the engine and trans out when i did it! man that was a pita!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got a new rear bumpstop bracket made to center the Timbrens on the axle tube. Found out my driver/front Radflo seal is leaking with less than 5000 miles....exciting.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Replaced front sway bar end links with slightly longer adjustable ones (PRG). Shaved a bit off the front Superbumps; they compress but still seem to me limiting up travel as they are 2.5" tall.

·
Premium Member
2015 Xterra PRO-4X
103 Posts
From the “unnecessary mods dept” - amber grille lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm about to tackle this one myself. I'd love to see which bulbs you got and how you connected them to the grill and how you wired them. I'm thinking about wiring mine to the existing amber parking bulbs, but I'm not sure how I'd do that with 3 of them.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I'm about to tackle this one myself. I'd love to see which bulbs you got and how you connected them to the grill and how you wired them. I'm thinking about wiring mine to the existing amber parking bulbs, but I'm not sure how I'd do that with 3 of them.
Hey it's reasonably striaghtforward.

• I got a set of these bulbs.
  • I ran an add-a-fuse line from the the fuse panel by the passenger firewall, to the one of the bulbs (along with the ground) then T-tapped the other two bulbs into that line (used this).
  • the add a fuse goes into F7 (I think) which is the tail light (but not brake light). When you turn on your lights, the ambers come on as well.
  • the lights I used come with a nut on the back, so I just drilled through the grille and run the nut in the back.

Hope this helps, lemme know if you've got any questions.

29861 - 29873 of 29873 Posts