Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
29861 - 29880 of 29994 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Replaced front sway bar end links with slightly longer adjustable ones (PRG). Shaved a bit off the front Superbumps; they compress but still seem to me limiting up travel as they are 2.5" tall.

·
Registered
2015 Xterra PRO-4X
124 Posts
From the “unnecessary mods dept” - amber grille lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm about to tackle this one myself. I'd love to see which bulbs you got and how you connected them to the grill and how you wired them. I'm thinking about wiring mine to the existing amber parking bulbs, but I'm not sure how I'd do that with 3 of them.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I'm about to tackle this one myself. I'd love to see which bulbs you got and how you connected them to the grill and how you wired them. I'm thinking about wiring mine to the existing amber parking bulbs, but I'm not sure how I'd do that with 3 of them.
Hey it's reasonably striaghtforward.

• I got a set of these bulbs.
  • I ran an add-a-fuse line from the the fuse panel by the passenger firewall, to the one of the bulbs (along with the ground) then T-tapped the other two bulbs into that line (used this).
  • the add a fuse goes into F7 (I think) which is the tail light (but not brake light). When you turn on your lights, the ambers come on as well.
  • the lights I used come with a nut on the back, so I just drilled through the grille and run the nut in the back.

Hope this helps, lemme know if you've got any questions.

·
on line
63 Posts
Thanks a lot guys. You all are a "BAD" influence, ha ha. Got bitten by the LED bug
and $650 later just for pieces (I do the work),
new head light housings, tail light housings, hatch lifts (Eagle, thanks 1A Auto) and
Sealight-led.com 9007, H11, 3157 brake bulbs, Sylvania super bright
3157 rear signal, 3157 amber front signal, 194 amber front clearance, 921 reverse
(biggest improvement) it's like my own personal UFO. Yes, you read right,
the 3157 socket goes right into the 3156 socket in the rear turn signal
slot SO extra running lights!
Oh, and resistors for the hyper flash. See and be seen!

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I liked the voltage gauges but nowhere to put them and I wanted them here.
No containers I liked, I had this cut from stainless steel, I can bend it in the vise right? I asked for almost hand bendable stainless steel
Light Motor vehicle Car Gas Auto part

It’s very light in 20 gauge, but stainless is twice as tough and feels 4X as tough to work with. Like the grinder and file and drill suddenly are dull and unusable. Sparks everywhere and metal burning and it does not want to give.
A big mess afterwards but at least I had a fit proving prototype, had laser do the work for the above slightly larger holes for final version, and bending done by a breaker not a vise. With holes like that a vise will not do.
Wood Temperature Gas Tints and shades Auto part

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
$800 something, ill find out exactly tomorrow, both tie rods, front pass ball joint and alignment.

I would usually do most of that stuff myself, but I just dont have the time or energy right now. i'd have to get a ride to go get it, bring it back, order parts, have it stuck in my garage/ driveway for days, then get a ride to take it back for the alignment. and to go get it after that!

its kinda my fault, I replaced the tie rods inner and outer with cheap ones about a year ago. im learning the hard way to not use cheap parts.

plus the lower pass ball joint going bad explains the slight clunk i've been hearing when turning into my driveway for the past few months. I think engineers pass is what did it in.

29861 - 29880 of 29994 Posts