Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
29841 - 29860 of 29873 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ok, just received my Mevotech UCA and LCA ‘s from RockAuto for my TS and only 94% loving it. One LCA is missing the hardware and grease fitting and the other LCA has corrosion . Not sure what to do since the corrosion is on a couple of welds. Now.... what would you do? As you see, it’s not even out of the bag yet.

A) keep it and clean/paint the spots.
B) return for refund and reorder WITH having to pay $7.06 shipping back.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Ok, just received my Mevotech UCA and LCA ‘s from RockAuto for my TS and only 94% loving it. One LCA is missing the hardware and grease fitting and the other LCA has corrosion . Not sure what to do since the corrosion is on a couple of welds. Now.... what would you do? As you see, it’s not even out of the bag yet.

A) keep it and clean/paint the spots.
B) return for refund and reorder WITH having to pay $7.06 shipping back.

I think the hassle of returning them would be more of a headache than worrying about some surface rust. Those things will get pitted and surface rusted on their own anyway. If you're concerned about it, take a wire wheel to it and hit it with some rust converter.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think the hassle of returning them would be more of a headache than worrying about some surface rust. Those things will get pitted and surface rusted on their own anyway. If you're concerned about it, take a wire wheel to it and hit it with some rust converter.
That’s what I’m thinking. Just nervous about it being from bad welds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
515 Posts
$1185 on new General Grabber ATX's in 285/75/16:
Just make sure when they arrive that they all include the bead. Remember, no mounting hardware, no acceptance.

Edit: your pics didn’t show up until after I posted. Looks awesome

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Just make sure when they arrive that they all include the bead. Remember, no mounting hardware, no acceptance.

Edit: your pics didn’t show up until after I posted. Looks awesome

I had to edit to add the photos. Im not sure how you can make a tire without a bead, but they are on and good to go!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I had to edit to add the photos. Im not sure how you can make a tire without a bead, but they are on and good to go!
A joke based on my RockAuto purchase I just posted above. Missing parts and defects. You didn’t order them with air already installed did you?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
That’s what I’m thinking. Just nervous about it being from bad welds

Looks like it was powder coated - probably flaked off just because they didn't get the metal quit clean enough. And I imagine they're welded by an automatic machine, not an actual person. I couldn't imagine welding all day, every day.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Just received a response from RockAuto this morning after my complaint email last night for the return shipping charge to me of my defective/incomplete parts order. Shouldn’t have had to get this far but it works for me. They’re paying to ship both parts back. Since I was originally expecting a simple exchange I had opted for the store credit. So I get to try a second pair from them.

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S 4x4
15 Posts
Just received a response from RockAuto this morning after my complaint email last night for the return shipping charge to me of my defective/incomplete parts order. Shouldn’t have had to get this far but it works for me. They’re paying to ship both parts back. Since I was originally expecting a simple exchange I had opted for the store credit. So I get to try a second pair from them.

$10 says they restock those control arms for the next sucker to buy. They got me good with a Moog Ball joint that had a hole torn in the part baggie and the rubber boot was missing. Found some greasy finger prints on the inside of the box too. I always double check everything from rock auto boxes before I even think about stepping into the garage

·
Registered
515 Posts
Just received from RockAuto. I just shipped bad ones yesterday. Now that’s the service I would/should expect, and look at the delivery dates. Tomorrow and Friday. Nice.

·
Registered
515 Posts
At it again.... but this time....

Now.... for those who have a Heftyfab bumper, what’s missing in the pic above?

The DAMNED nuts to mount the freakin’ bumper to their plates!!! I just can’t win lately. They are willing to send me the nuts but I asked them if they can send me a patch and I’ll get the nuts myself. Then I’ll have it done tomorrow and I can work on the winch and new lighting config. We’ll see...

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
641 Posts
Just received from RockAuto. I just shipped bad ones yesterday. Now that’s the service I would/should expect, and look at the delivery dates. Tomorrow and Friday. Nice.

They sent me one old spc ball joint without the grease fitting and one newer with the grease fitting in the Mevotech UCAs that I ordered from them. They were not at all willing to work with me about it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
HeftyFab update:........

Next is the electrical. Winch, bumper lights, K.I.T.T. Module. And of course....

What are you drinking?

It’s a combined post. I’m 2 hrs past cocktail hour and it’s celebration time.

·
Registered
'06 Off Road
47 Posts
Between the transmission rebuild and all of the "goodies" I've bought over the last 10 months my wallet is feeling very light these days...

Dynomax, cat-back exhaust
Window deflectors, I forget which brand...
R1 Concepts, slotted rotors and HD brake pads
Rear differential cover, similar to Ballistic Fab's not remembering the shop's name right now...
Mevotech / SPC, upper control arms
Ironman 4X4 USA, Foam Cell Pro suspension kit
RuffStuff, recessed leaf spring plates
Eagle Eyes, black trim headlights
LED fog lights (Amazon)
Caltrend, urban camouflage seat covers
FM modulator to play music from phone
Hood shock kit
Maxi Trac (NAPA) 2.5 meter awning
Type S Auto, 24" light bar
ORCISH (Amazon), traction boards
Ironman 4X4 USA, 17,600 lb snatch strap