Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
29781 - 29796 of 29796 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked up a set of P4X wheels for $150 about a month or two ago, which was a sweet find. More recently a friend decided to part ways with his X, so I scored his Shrockworks sliders and gas tank skid for cheap. Then a set of 285 Nitto Ridge Grapplers came up on CL mounted on some Hummer wheels. Now those tires are now mounted on the P4X wheels as a summer set up instead of burning up the set of Duratracs I was running. Now I just need to find a sucker (buyer) for the hummer wheels that are just taking up space in the garage

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just finished installing rear fog lights, wired to separate switch on the dash. They are "jdm" style so they're actually meant to have one on the driver's side. But I thought 2 would be cooler.

PXL_20210703_220135920.MP.jpg

·
Registered
710 Posts
Did my spark plugs yesterday. Couldn't finish the job because when I pulled plug #5, there was oil. So I looked for valve covers and all the parts stores told me they couldn't get them. So, today I get to leave early to go to the dealership and hope they have them in stock. One of our local shops has great pricing but I don't know if it's Courtesy Parts pricing. If it's close, I'll buy but if it's not, I'll order from Courtesy and be down for a few more days.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had fun with my quick fist mount, i install a couple of essential: Fiskar axe X17, Gerber saw, Smith & Wesson survival fixe blade knife, Napa rechargeable led light. Not show in the picture custom shuvle like the Krazy Beaver Shuvle, and i need to find a xterra first aid bag.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Installed a pair of new camshaft sensors and a new crankshaft sensor (all Hitachi/OE). $115 for all three from Rockauto. I’m at 130k miles and 10 years, and after a couple experiences with the engine dying with a P0340 code over the last several months, it seemed like a good idea to replace them all at once. It probably would have cost well over $500 at the dealership or a decent shop, and all it took was a few hours of off and on frustration over two evenings and some scratches and bruises on my arms. Drivers side took a couple minutes, crank sensor more like 20 minutes (after removing wheel and wheel well liner), and the passenger side camshaft sensor l was about an hour of frustration last night before I gave up, and about 15 minutes today with renewed patience and a new strategy.
Next up: PCV valve maybe, and valve cover gaskets?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Tried the TPMS paperclip reset. So easy, don't know why I never tried it before. Airing each tire down to the set pressures takes most of the time, but is much quicker with my ARB tire deflator.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Waiting to pull the trigger after some responses here, but ready in carts. After ECXC last weekend and leaving my mini fridge on overnight there, I drained the battery and jumped it fine. Now the thing drained twice on me and not recharging well. It's that time after 4 years with a Delco. Opinions: Optima Yellow Top for $250 + tax/free shipping or that Oddysey 35-PC1400T that floated around a while for $295 flat price free shipping. Could go "used like new" Optima Yellow from Amazon for $250 after tax but not sure if that little savings worth it. My wallet awaits....

·
Registered
130 Posts
I installed an Odyssey 34RPC1500T with spacer for Group 34 batteries five years ago and it's still going strong. That's pretty good for a battery in South Dakota where the vehicle sits outside year-round and temperatures can drop to -20F, but I don't drain it running accessories without the engine running like you do. I don't know if it matters, but I connect an external charger to it monthly and let it charge overnight (Schumacher 2A/12A Continuous, 30A Intermittent) because I've read that the Xterra alternator isn't powerful enough to fully charge it.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Well, just popped a P1757, next week i should find out how much nissan wants to fix it... then i can decided if i can afford that, or if im going to be diy ing it.. I really dont feel like tearing into the trans and soldeiring connections...

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Waiting to pull the trigger after some responses here, but ready in carts. After ECXC last weekend and leaving my mini fridge on overnight there, I drained the battery and jumped it fine. Now the thing drained twice on me and not recharging well. It's that time after 4 years with a Delco. Opinions: Optima Yellow Top for $250 + tax/free shipping or that Oddysey 35-PC1400T that floated around a while for $295 flat price free shipping. Could go "used like new" Optima Yellow from Amazon for $250 after tax but not sure if that little savings worth it. My wallet awaits....
If you go for a new battery if you can, get a Costco one. They have a great warranty and will replace it with a new one for only the cost of tax.

29781 - 29796 of 29796 Posts