Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
29761 - 29780 of 29796 Posts

·
on line
293 Posts
Thanks!

In front I've got the ADO medium springs on Bil 5100s. The back is Frontier Bil 5100s and an old Deaver 2 leaf AAL. The next time I drop some coin on my X (which will be a while) I want to get the ADO UCAs with a spacer to level the front, and get the rest of the skids.

·
on line
293 Posts
that’s a pretty expensive kit at $590. How’s the ride quality vs stock?
For me it's hard to say how it rides vs. stock since my stock shocks and springs were pretty worn out. I can say I do really like how they ride though. It firmed up some of the body roll I had and is pretty compliant on road without being harsh.

Keep in mind that the $590 is for the assembled coilover. I was cheap and ordered their springs ($180) and the 5100s separately from the cheapest place I could find them (I wanna say $205-ish, around $250 now), then got new top hats (~$40-50) and assembled them myself. This saved around $100 I think, but in retrospect I don't think it was worth it. That price is actually pretty affordable when you compare it to other coilovers. Considering OMEs are more expensive, and the extended travel options are $800+ I think it's a good deal.

Also I purchased the Frontier shocks for the rear. The Xterra rear 5100s are all labeled for 0-2" of lift, and since I was at 2", the Frontier shocks were a little better fit since they are about 1" longer than the X rear 5100s. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very helpful info, thank you. How do the shocks handle potholes and big ruts in the road? Right no potholes unsettle the entire rig vs. my wife’s x5 that just shrugs them off like nothing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What is all involved with this change? Are you running Titan hubs and therefore not the xterra lug pattern?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
As what you see. Hubs, spindle rotors,calipers wheels will be soon. I need to finish the vk first lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Pro-4X
10 Posts
Diode dynamics light bar, led fogs and a set to replace the roof Lights to a real spot pattern. Excited to get them but 3-6 week back order on many of them.

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S 4x4
8 Posts
Just swapped the radiator to prevent smod. It’s a Koyorad with plastic reservoirs. When removing the main fan, I rounded off one of the 10mm nuts. Why are these so soft? Anyway, went kamikaze with a dynafile and eliminated the nut and stud. O’Reilly’s carried a pack of assorted nuts and studs to save the day. Just poured in almost 2 gallons of prestone 50/50 mix. Thinking about flushing that out and getting oem coolant or that blue stuff.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Finally got up the nerve to put in camber bolts. Bought lca’s cuz well ya know thats an automatic. Bought 2” spacers and shackles a few months back from a member & my baby is 10yrs old and it sounded easy so I bought the Mevotech(SPC) UCA’s. Have to grind the buckets and while I’m there why not add braided brake lines. Once I tore into everything, the cv boots closest to the engine were rotten so had to replace those. Hopefully those show up tomorrow. Thank you brain trust for making this easy.

The big news of the day was I broke a chromoly extension.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Finally got up the nerve to put in camber bolts. Bought lca’s cuz well ya know thats an automatic. Bought 2” spacers and shackles a few months back from a member & my baby is 10yrs old and it sounded easy so I bought the Mevotech(SPC) UCA’s. Have to grind the buckets and while I’m there why not add braided brake lines. Once I tore into everything, the cv boots closest to the engine were rotten so had to replace those. Hopefully those show up tomorrow. Thank you brain trust for making this easy.

The big news of the day was I broke a chrome molle extension.

You mean chromoly?

And it is pittsburgh brand so really not a big surprise.

·
Registered
89 Posts
29761 - 29780 of 29796 Posts