Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
29741 - 29760 of 29882 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Heading to the Tetons tomorrow for my first road trip in this new X. Putting the final touches on mostly recovery gear. Ready to get back on the road and into the Wyoming wilderness!

View attachment 135231
Randy,

If you have patience please describe what is in your emergency kit. I recognize the fuel container and power pack but the other 2 or is that 3 items I do not recognize. Is that an awl?

P.S. How was the tour of the Tetons?

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
177 Posts
Randy,

If you have patience please describe what is in your emergency kit. I recognize the fuel container and power pack but the other 2 or is that 3 items I do not recognize. Is that an awl?

P.S. How was the tour of the Tetons?
ARB Speedy Seal Tire Repair Kit: https://amzn.to/2R11ONq
TACKLIFE T8 800A Peak 18000mAh Lithium Car Jump Starter: https://amzn.to/2QAALst

And the two black things are just molle pouches (these) are just for random gear like tire tools, batteries, lights, 2-way radios, etc. Also have a Bahco 24-Inch Bow Saw for any bigger downed trees/branches. A $10 full-sized shovel from Harbor Freight mounted to the OEM roof bars using the House Tuning 2.25" Bar Clamps and the Quick Fist Clamps that are both in that picture.

Also bought the XBull recovery boards, a rear hitch shackle, $38 recovery rope from Harbor Freight, and have a Ryobi inflator that I bring on trips too.

That about covers most of the recovery gear that I have and recently bought to cover my ass. I've gotten stuck on a mountain pass in the middle of Wyoming with two punctured flats, so I'm hoping that ARB Tire Repair Kit can get me out of a similar situation in the future (and I believe it would have).

·
Registered
2012 Xterra Pro4x
88 Posts
Been awhile since I’ve posted but this past weekend I added a small Old Man Emu lift. It was supposed to only add 1.5” but it added 2.75 in the front and 2.25 in the back. The steel bumper and rock rails really did a number over the years.
Only 1 frozen bolt to deal with but I learned a lot. Still needs an alignment. Also bedlined the bumper for a much needed touch up.
Over Christmas I switched out my fogs for halo ones.
New wheels are on back order but they should be installed middle May.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Since last 2 months..
1. Shrockworks Engine, Transmission, Tcase skids + 3 cans of Primer and Hammered Matte Black paint.
2. a pair of DD SS3 Pros, mounted to shrock bumper. (had to file the bezel to fit and painted it with the hammered black paint)
3. Sumosprings bumpstops for the rear. (will arrive tomorrow)
4. Spare stuff to bring for road trip to GoneMoab (Conti Drivebelt, Hitachi Cam/crank sensors), Wix engine filter (Currently have AEM, will temp swap for dusty conditions)
5. Pair of new Red shackles, snatch block, Tree saver strap and a Winch rope damper.
6. A gel egg cushion for my seat, (this works wonder, no butt sores for sitting more than an hour, yay! lol)

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
646 Posts

Titan big brake conversion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is all involved with this change? Are you running Titan hubs and therefore not the xterra lug pattern?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
You all have helped me so much I figured I’d pay it back a little. I made a retractable is armrest that’s super comfortable and pretty much matches the texture of the lid.

If anyone is interested I used these parts:

Office Chair Replacement Armrest Arm Pads Caps Univeral 4" 5.5" Mounting Hole 1 Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N57QCY...abc_GMBR5PTV62ERM92WEZ43?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

AOLISHENG Full Extension Drawer... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089VMZK6T?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Reinforced the bottom of the lid with steel.

also pulled my headlights apart and found out with googone that below the chrome is gloss black! #ihatefakechrome

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
1,234 Posts
@DLM3X - Hell yes, I’d be interested in some retractable armrest deets too. Maybe you should do a how to on it.

And NICE FIND on the lights! You gotta show what it looks like done.

The more I see of the desert tan interior the more I like it. A great color combo for the “feel” of the X.
Be cool with a black exterior. Or Knight Armor.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks man, I appreciate that. My X is knight Armor and I’m really starting to dig the color of this interior. At first I wasn’t a fan, now I like it a lot.

I also added to the OP the two parts from Amazon that I used to build the arm rest.

I’ll take pics of the headlights tomorrow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
At 273,000 miles the X just got:

new drive shaft and U joints, new transfer case flange and seal, transfer case fluid fill, new alternator, new serp belt, new belt tensioner, fixed the coolant leak up against the firewall/heater core area with removing the plastic on one and directly connecting the hose on the nozzle that's there, new heater pipe and hose, coolant fill, new oil cooler seal, oil and filter change, air filter, cabin air filter, and rear brake pads and rotors are in the box waiting to be put, as well as the fusible link/fuse group that connects to positive battery cable/battery (might return that because a new alternator seems to have fixed the electrical issues that were occurring).

Wallet kinda hurts. And tires will be needed sooner than later. But she's running dang good. Mileage is just a number, don't let anyone tell you or make you feel any different! Ha!

·
on line
311 Posts
I dropped a pretty penny the other day. Ordered a 3M headlight restoration kit, Nineo LED headlight bulbs, 5 285/75/R16 Cooper Evolution M/Ts, Curt hitch, a receiver shackle, some Rust-oleum truck bed coating for the wheels, and the Shrock rad, engine, and trans skids.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I dropped a pretty penny the other day. Ordered a 3M headlight restoration kit, Nineo LED headlight bulbs, 5 285/75/R16 Cooper Evolution M/Ts, Curt hitch, a receiver shackle, some Rust-oleum truck bed coating for the wheels, and the Shrock rad, engine, and trans skids.

View attachment 136247

Perfect stance. What lift are you running with those 285s?

29741 - 29760 of 29882 Posts