Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

29721 - 29740 of 29748 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
172 Posts
Does 4x4 Parts carry the actual Gobi ladder, or is it a copy?

I agree, 12 weeks is too long. What time to delivery did 4x4 Parts give you?

I also plan on getting a ladder and was going to get the Gobi, but not if they need that kind of lead time. Let me know how the 4x4Parts items turns out.
I was also very curious about this because no model number or picture on 4x4parts indicates that it's Gobi. I didn't bother trying to call. I just want a ladder so if it works and it's comparable, then I'm on board. But it arrives tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes. My new tailgate struts are already installed so depending on what time the ladder shows up, it'll either get installed tomorrow or Saturday.

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
173 Posts
Does 4x4 Parts carry the actual Gobi ladder, or is it a copy?

I agree, 12 weeks is too long. What time to delivery did 4x4 Parts give you?

I also plan on getting a ladder and was going to get the Gobi, but not if they need that kind of lead time. Let me know how the 4x4Parts items turns out.
I can confirm that it’s an actual Gobi ladder. I called them before I ordered mine in November and they confirmed that it was. It arrived in a week and I’ve been really happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
I can confirm that it’s an actual Gobi ladder. I called them before I ordered mine in November and they confirmed that it was. It arrived in a week and I’ve been really happy with it.

And just to double down, mine just arrived from 4x4parts yesterday--eight days after I ordered it. Gobi indeed! Rock and roll!
13505104-5F14-418C-B9FF-A3665CCBE65A.jpeg

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well this is good news. Not just that the ladder is legit, but that the shipping seems quick as well. I had seen some older posts here from a few years ago that made me question ordering from this 4x4Parts.

I am also in the market for a snorkel and sent them an e-mail asking if they had stock on both items and what my shipping costs would be to the Cold and Frozen North. They got back to me the next day to say that they had ladders in stock, but the snorkels were still on the boat and would be about 4-6 weeks out. They didn't give me any info on shipping costs though.

I sent further inquiries this morning to Rocky Road and Ok4WD to see if they had stock on the snorkels. Hopefully they get back to me soon. But I thank you both for the info on the ladder!

·
Well then...
1,039 Posts
It's hot in the desert, A/C looks to be springing a leak on the low pressure hose although it's still blowing cold. I'll need to take care of that soon so $60.00 for the hose from Rock Auto and probably another $20-30 to top off the Freon. That brings my unexpected maintenance costs up to $200 over the last four years. Man, someone needs to tell these Toyota engineers to learn a thing or two :D.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Driveway oil change and filter, dumped out the oil catch can, and got my daughter to wipe down the interior plastics (at least as good of a detail job as you would expect from a 7-year-old). I’m really liking the no-spill drain plug I picked up, just wish the oil filter wasn’t such a drippy mess. Full synthetic, last interval was a full year and just over 5k miles, cuz, ‘rona. My wife and I got our first COVID shots today, so hopefully the coming year will have more travel and adventure.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Having email alerts for a saved Craigslist search pays off again. Today I scored this full set of X wheels and tires in great condition for $100 total. Tires are toast but I bought them for the wheels so I could get a winter set ready for next winter. So cheap it easily justified the one hour driving each way. What a steal.

·
Registered
125 Posts
New OEM thermastat and fresh OEM blue coolant after getting a P0128 code for low coolant temps. X is now running between 188-195F (y)

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
588 Posts
Having email alerts for a saved Craigslist search pays off again. Today I scored this full set of X wheels and tires in great condition for $100 total. Tires are toast but I bought them for the wheels so I could get a winter set ready for next winter. So cheap it easily justified the one hour driving each way. What a steal.

View attachment 135104
I bought a set of these same wheels for $180 and thought I got a great deal. I painted them black and put my new tires on them. I will eventually get my oem wheels powder coated and 1 of the extras for my spare to put on the rear tire carrier. That leaves me with 3 spare wheels.

Are you running winter tires or just a more winter friendly tire on them?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I bought a set of these same wheels for $180 and thought I got a great deal. I painted them black and put my new tires on them. I will eventually get my oem wheels powder coated and 1 of the extras for my spare to put on the rear tire carrier. That leaves me with 3 spare wheels.

Are you running winter tires or just a more winter friendly tire on them?
I haven't put much thought into it, but now that you ask, probably something more winter-friendly only because I still tend to take longer road trips in the winter months to Wyoming, Utah, and New Mexico.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Gonna be pulling the trigger on some McMaster-Carr rear hatch struts. Yes, I hit my head a couple of times now. For those that replaced theirs, are you happy with your choice over time? Doubt I’m getting a Gobi ladder so don’t think I “need” the stronger 175lb ones. Are the 150lb enough to have the hatch self-open? Is the closing effort for the 175lb with no extra weight making people question their choice? Just looking for some long term feedback. Thanks eddybody.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gonna be pulling the trigger on some McMaster-Carr rear hatch struts. Yes, I hit my head a couple of times now. For those that replaced theirs, are you happy with your choice over time? Doubt I’m getting a Gobi ladder so don’t think I “need” the stronger 175lb ones. Are the 150lb enough to have the hatch self-open? Is the closing effort for the 175lb with no extra weight making people question their choice? Just looking for some long term feedback. Thanks eddybody.

The extra height is great, I just have to be a little more careful opening the hatch in the garage now.

150lb is more then enough for the hatch to self-open as it reaches a certain point. I went with the 150lb without a ladder and even closing those seem to take some effort over the stock at times. I'm not sure how much of that is the worn versus new, but the change was noticeable to me. I can't imagine closing the 175lb without any extra weight.

·
Registered
117 Posts
New cats, new O2 sensors (mechanic installed). New pugs, cleaned throttle body, changed oil, radiator and trans flushed. I hope I'm good to go for a while.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Can you detail this setup? Just a blanket 'xterra' alert or can you target certain parts?
so mine is setup as “xterra -wetsuit -suit -staggered -clearence -famous -engine -sup -inflatable -paddle -deals”.

So you’ll see I excluded many terms that were included in many “Xterra” search results that I wasn’t interested in. You’ll want to set it up and then if you keep getting “false positive” email alerts, try excluding more keywords that will help prevent getting alerts from those non-Nissan-Xterra posts. You'll have to toy with it no matter what because your search results are going to vary based on location. Make sense?

29721 - 29740 of 29748 Posts