Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

29701 - 29720 of 29748 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got a scan gauge. Not sure if it’s worth it yet. Interesting watching real time mpg.

Where did you guys mount yours and what are monitoring with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use this and its above my rear view mirror.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Keeping sockets together. Metric, standard, torx, Philips.
Zip tying loose strips, a few days ago

and today, Ares 4 row
Comes with 1/4 and 3/8 row each and 2 rows of 1/2, but my stuff is all 3/8 so this is with 2 rows of 1/2 replaced with 3/8 inserts (sold separately)
My most used tools: 3/8, 7/16, 9/16
Torx 27, 20
17mm
Sometimes 1/2
And then there are those times...when it’s not one you normally use, and a complete set together would be so nice. A complete set of everything

there are magnetic ones but they won’t hold well vertically and that’s what I want in the garage or when used, hanging vertically

3/8 deep standard in row 1
3/8 shallow metric in row 2
1/4 inch metric from 6mm to 14mm, for small inside trim
3/8 misc Torx and Phillips 2, 3

it may look like Philips 1 until 2 or 3 fit and give you so much more grip

·
Registered
442 Posts
Getting ready to replace the last of the old school lighting. Headlights and fogs.

Now, before I dive into the nose, how did those with LED headlights mount the inline power modules? Curious question before I dive in. I don’t really want them to just dangle there but look more professionally installed. Call it pride. And I can’t wait to see how yellow fogs fare to my factory ones.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
588 Posts
Getting ready to replace the last of the old school lighting. Headlights and fogs.

Now, before I dive into the nose, how did those with LED headlights mount the inline power modules? Curious question before I dive in. I don’t really want them to just dangle there but look more professionally installed. Call it pride. And I can’t wait to see how yellow fogs fare to my factory ones.

Let them be free and dangle. I used zip ties to hold them out of the way but I would not go as far to say professionally installed. Also, you may have to remove/adjust the mounting plate to get the mounting collar in place and the led lights aimed correctly. They need to be horizontal in the housing. I had to with my LEDs but they project very well when aligned properly. I almost got yellow fogs but backed out. Please post some before and after pics of the lighting. It was an incredible difference going from oem to LEDs.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Let them be free and dangle. I used zip ties to hold them out of the way but I would not go as far to say professionally installed. Also, you may have to remove/adjust the mounting plate to get the mounting collar in place and the led lights aimed correctly. They need to be horizontal in the housing. I had to with my LEDs but they project very well when aligned properly. I almost got yellow fogs but backed out. Please post some before and after pics of the lighting. It was an incredible difference going from oem to LEDs.
Well, I already installed the headlights last night around 5:00. Not dark enough to align then and didn’t think of before and after pics then. But the result is like night and day. Test drive gave no high beam flashers at me so I guess they’re good. Did have to take my mount ting off the bulbs first and figure out the orientation on my own against the alignment balls on the bulb housing. Instructions were pitiful. Prior posts here were the key. Thanks everyone. I’m ashamed I let them go this long before switching. Fogs will be this weekend and pics will come.

·
Registered
50 Posts
62,500 miles. Front differential and transfer case fluid change. This is second time I have done it; the first one was around 30,000 miles. The drained fluids did not look bad at all. While the gear and the ATF oil is relatively cheap, the price of the OEM gaskets is a robbery ($25.00 shipped). Oh well...

While doing this, I noticed a little bit of oil at the rear part of the bottom oil pan seal. I guess not a big deal now, but I will address it while doing the oil change in couple of weeks. I am leaning toward getting a new pan, after reading here on the forum that some members have difficulty removing it intact.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
172 Posts
Really didn't want to give 4x4parts any money given the many discouraging posts I've seen about them on here, but they apparently have Gobi ladders on-hand and after I ordered from Gobi, they gave me a 12-week lead time. Felt like it was worth the $60 more to get my ladder before friggen 4th of July...

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Cobalt drill bits, now in a cup.
More sizes, harder bits, a lot less mess.. organized.

Milwaukee red cases are good, cobalt is stronger than titanium (which is just a coating), black oxide, black & yellow and other fancy names.
Either I would end up with a set on the left (broken, missing bits) or on the right (probably dull, unknown size, good luck trying to read the writing)

But there are different cobalt qualities, my Drill America cup is M35. I couldn't find M42 and M55 would probably be a lot more $. You can even read the size of it on the shank, it's a lot clearer that from the $20 sets.

I bought a 9/32 bit (strange size but that's the size I needed for rivnuts), it was a Bosch bit and I could tell the higher quality that what I had with Milwaukee.

from 1/64 to 1/2 in 1/32 steps.
I really just wanted 1/8, 1/4, 3/8..... multiple of those, and the strange 9/32, but sometimes you need to go higher, lower, and 1 place to go to is great.
Or you could go through a bunch of old, dull, size you guess at bunch of bits?

And the first use came today, day #2 of owning the set... for door Molle panels. It needed a 1/8 + 1/4 + 3/8 stepping to go through plastic. Any sharp bit would do with plastic, but nice set is nicer to work with.... and labeled slots, and coming out easily, not having to fight with bits to loosen them, then shove them back in.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
172 Posts
Just bought my first set of recovery boards/tracks in preparation for my Tetons trip next weekend.

FYI, X-Bull has their boards with mounting hardware and case on sale on their own website for $79.90 w/ free shipping. Regular price on Amazon is about $97 w/ the mounting hardware and $80 without it so I jumped on this. Going to mount directly to my DIY roof rack.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
588 Posts
Just bought my first set of recovery boards/tracks in preparation for my Tetons trip next weekend.

FYI, X-Bull has their boards with mounting hardware and case on sale on their own website for $79.90 w/ free shipping. Regular price on Amazon is about $97 w/ the mounting hardware and $80 without it so I jumped on this. Going to mount directly to my DIY roof rack.
The hardware sold separately on their site is $35, $80 including the boards is awesome. You also get $10 off if you give them your email and it's your first purchase. Not sure it works with sale items. Tire deflater is also on sale.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Spent about $57 to rebalance the front shaft, I guess it went out of balance by a lot with all the added weights. A high frequency Vibration over 60mph was still there after I replaced the u joints.

I just put it back on earlier, and drove on the highway, drives just as smooth without the front shaft installed.

·
Registered
285 Posts

I've used these Nineo headlight bulbs for over 2 years, no issues, fans still whirring. Truly recommend them! Nothing fancy on securing the power modules, zip ties.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've used these Nineo headlight bulbs for over 2 years, no issues, fans still whirring. Truly recommend them! Nothing fancy on securing the power modules, zip ties.
Haven’t had a chance to secure the power modules yet. Got them literally the day before I left for a Florida vacation. So I’ll mess with them next week. But now, did you use OEM zip ties or get nice fancy ones from Nisstec, ADO, or shall I say PRG? I’ll bet $20 here that I can get them in less than 2 weeks from Greg., any takers? Oh, wait. This isn’t the dumb question thread. Cancel that challenge. (I hate making that kind of comment cuz I didn’t have a bad experience ordering from him and would like to again, but I see the pattern lately).
Lights are HUGE improvement though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Really didn't want to give 4x4parts any money given the many discouraging posts I've seen about them on here, but they apparently have Gobi ladders on-hand and after I ordered from Gobi, they gave me a 12-week lead time. Felt like it was worth the $60 more to get my ladder before friggen 4th of July...
Does 4x4 Parts carry the actual Gobi ladder, or is it a copy?

I agree, 12 weeks is too long. What time to delivery did 4x4 Parts give you?

I also plan on getting a ladder and was going to get the Gobi, but not if they need that kind of lead time. Let me know how the 4x4Parts items turns out.

29701 - 29720 of 29748 Posts