Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

29581 - 29600 of 29610 Posts

·
Well then...
809 Posts
First little project of the year. Installed the Rugged Rocks battery terminals in preparation for winch wiring and other accessories. The quality is solid and no dramas during installation. I wasn’t so sure how the factory positive fuse block was going to work with these, but with the provided spacer it went on with no issues.
Happy new year! Cheers
Interested in some of these, did you get the fuseable link as well?

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
132 Posts
First little project of the year. Installed the Rugged Rocks battery terminals in preparation for winch wiring and other accessories. The quality is solid and no dramas during installation. I wasn’t so sure how the factory positive fuse block was going to work with these, but with the provided spacer it went on with no issues.
Happy new year! Cheers
I’ve also been thinking of grabbing a set, but I’ve held off because I think the biggest expense is going to be a 0 gauge crimper to change the negative to a ring terminal. How did you do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
I’ve also been thinking of grabbing a set, but I’ve held off because I think the biggest expense is going to be a 0 gauge crimper to change the negative to a ring terminal. How did you do it?

you can use one of those you hit with a mini sledgehammer. They work just fine and are about $20

·
Registered
227 Posts

I actually reused it. I cut the part that goes around the battery terminal so that I was only left with the flat part that has the hole for the screw. I then used one the provided screws that goes on the side of the RR terminal block. If you zoom in on the picture you can see the factory negative cable attached to the side of the terminal block. It took 10 minutes to swap and wire both terminal blocks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Interested in some of these, did you get the fuseable link as well?
I just reused the factory positive fuse block. When you order the terminals they give you an option to get a spacer that allows you to use the factory fuse block.

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
132 Posts
I actually reused it. I cut the part that goes around the battery terminal so that I was only left with the flat part that has the hole for the screw. I then used one the provided screws that goes on the side of the RR terminal block. If you zoom in on the picture you can see the factory negative cable attached to the side of the terminal block. It took 10 minutes to swap and wire both terminal blocks.
That's crafty! Didn't even think of that, I think I might give that a try. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
227 Posts
What did you end up going with?
Got the TS 2.5 Radflos through Nisstec since they are local to me. Factory Titan LCA from a friend, moog inner and outer tie rods off of Amazon, titan SPC UCAs off of Amazon, NI8433 cv axles (keeping my r180 for now) Amazon as well. I still need to order front extended brake lines and rear wheel spacers. Getting these from Nisstec as well in the next couple of weeks. I already had everything I needed for the rear suspension.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Was told the TS 2.5 Radflos would take about 7 weeks to be ready for pick up. 2 days after placing the order Nisstec calls and tells me they are ready. I wasn’t planning on T swapping until beginning of March, but I guess the mod Gods had a different plan for me. I was still missing some of the parts, but when I stopped by Nisstec to pick up the coilovers it just so happened that they had everything I needed in stock. The wallet is sore for sure, but now I have a surprise full weekend of mods! 🙂Cheers.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Got new wheels and tires. DX4 Recon 16x8 with 305/70r16 Yokohama Geolander M/T g003. Had to trim more fender metal. Im also running 1.5in spidertrax spacers, but might go down to 1in bora spacers. 3in alcans rear and about 2.5 - 3in total lift in front.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
518 Posts
Got new wheels and tires. DX4 Recon 16x8 with 305/70r16 Yokohama Geolander M/T g003. Had to trim more fender metal. Im also running 1.5in spidertrax spacers, but might go down to 1in bora spacers. 3in alcans rear and about 2.5 - 3in total lift in front.
View attachment 132538

View attachment 132542
That looks amazing. I'm starting to plan out my Titan swap now and have been going back and forth on new wheels. Starting to see some good options finally.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reactions: HawaiianXterra

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Reactions: Mastermind46
29581 - 29600 of 29610 Posts