Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

29561 - 29580 of 29610 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
518 Posts
What’s your mileage? Been thinking about when I might start noticing mine going. 82k now and hoping it’s still a while away. Still feels strong and bought her with 71k. previous owner babied her so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine has 135k miles. I bought it with around 70k and previous owner towed a small trailer. I have not been easy on it it. 6 hours in and I got the exhaust out. Had to use the grinder on one nut. I'll have to figure out drilling out the stud later.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
351 Posts
Since I haven’t looked too much into doing the clutch job yet, sounds like exhaust must go to get the clutch done? Maybe gauge the 2 to be done in tandem when comes time for one or the other?

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
518 Posts
Since I haven’t looked too much into doing the clutch job yet, sounds like exhaust must go to get the clutch done? Maybe gauge the 2 to be done in tandem when comes time for one or the other?

Yeah, you have to remove the cats and the muffler, which usually means tail pipe too as that seizes to the muffler section. It has been very slow going.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Paint is finally dry enough it won't stink up the truck:

Not sure why that top rail looks bowed in 1st pic, didn't seem to be in person. I did have a piece of bowed stock in my last order, maybe this is where it ended up when i got to the end of the pile...

Also got my material for roof rack cut and started welding the frame.
Do you made it yourself or you bought it, i want one like this... It's tall and leave you with space under and over, the garvin one look smaller and dont leave enough space under the rack and your floor bracket is not in the way, I love it. Thanks!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Do you made it yourself or you bought it, i want one like this... It's tall and leave you with space under and over, the garvin one look smaller and dont leave enough space under the rack and your floor bracket is not in the way, I love it. Thanks!
That post is from 2015. You may not get a response. That is a nice rack tho!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Stopped by the Nisstec shop on Friday to get new OME bushings. Walked out of there with the bushings...aaaannnd new longer Bilsteins for the rear and extended ss brake lines. The wallet took a much bigger hit than expected haha. It was one of those “well since I’m down here...”

Cheers

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
518 Posts
Stopped by the Nisstec shop on Friday to get new OME bushings. Walked out of there with the bushings...aaaannnd new longer Bilsteins for the rear and extended ss brake lines. The wallet took a much bigger hit than expected haha. It was one of those “well since I’m down here...”

Cheers
That sounds about right. I've been avoiding their shop lately since I had to do the clutch and am already taking a big hit on that. Soon I'll be Titan swapping and will be really taking a hit going there.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That sounds about right. I've been avoiding their shop lately since I had to do the clutch and am already taking a big hit on that. Soon I'll be Titan swapping and will be really taking a hit going there.

I hear you, man. The reason I ended up getting longer rear shocks and extended brake lines was because after being in there talking to them for about 10 minutes and checking out some of their rigs, I was convinced I’m Titan Swapping in the very near future now haha. Something I always said I didn’t need to do...gotta stay away from that shop as much as possible to save the wallet.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Damn good thing I live in the north east (NY). I don’t have to worry about being around those shops or all you T-swapped bastards . All the rig did to me the last 2 months is literally 1 tank of gas. But can’t say I’m not pricing it out.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
518 Posts
Had to order a bar type pilot bearing puller as all of the loaner tools do not work. I'm real close to trying with bread. The damn pilot bearing is really stuck in there and very small diameter. Coming up on weekend #3 for clutch job.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Had to order a bar type pilot bearing puller as all of the loaner tools do not work. I'm real close to trying with bread. The damn pilot bearing is really stuck in there and very small diameter. Coming up on weekend #3 for clutch job.

That’s annoying but definitely should make it easier for you. Is that something you can sell after the job?

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
518 Posts
That’s annoying but definitely should make it easier for you. Is that something you can sell after the job?

I went with the Amazon special for $32. Figured the slide hammer may come in handy again. Plus I plan to do a vk swap at some point so maybe I'll find a use for it then. (This is me justifying the purchase).

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
518 Posts
Finally finished the clutch job. I spent a lot more on this than I had hoped. With all of the issues that came up and having the project cut into the holiday fun I really should have paid someone to do it. The clutch pedal is soft and needs to be bled.

Also, don't buy a LUK clutch kit... It is literally an exedy clutch kit repackaged into a LUK box. Has exedy stamped right on the parts. The dual mass LUK flywheel was stamped LUK. The oem parts removed were stamped Exedy (clutch) and LUK (dm flywheel). The "LUK" clutch costs more on RockAuto by like $20.

·
Registered
227 Posts
First little project of the year. Installed the Rugged Rocks battery terminals in preparation for winch wiring and other accessories. The quality is solid and no dramas during installation. I wasn’t so sure how the factory positive fuse block was going to work with these, but with the provided spacer it went on with no issues.
Happy new year! Cheers

Attachments

29561 - 29580 of 29610 Posts