Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

29541 - 29554 of 29554 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
New tires installed from NTB, my second set of KO2s (285/75/R16). Also had them add a TPMS sensor to the spare so that I can hypothetically do 5-tire rotations with the reset procedure. I bought my first set almost exactly 6 years and 75,000 miles ago, by far the best tires I’ve had for durability, longevity, and grip. Not too shabby. Had a little superficial dry rot and a bit of tread left, maybe could have gone a bit longer, but with winter approaching, this seemed like a good time. Have taken me from the Gulf Coast to the mountain west a number of times, to the West Coast and Pacific, then across the country to the East Coast and Atlantic last year.
Did a light sandpaper polish job on the headlights to get rid of some haze in the old coating, will seal them up with UV protectant spray tomorrow. Quick car wash.
Next up, replacing tie rods.

·
Well then...
704 Posts
Got a P0171 code on my X today. Researched what it could be while on my lunch break, figured I’d need to pick up some RTV on the way home, but decided to diagnose first. Think I spotted the problem....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
You know that’s not where you sit while tailgating. I don’t care how warm it feels

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
882 Posts
I can’t speak enough about the damn hood struts. It’s unreal how much they just make getting in there such a joy.

I’ve always had this stupid fear of the prop failing one day and that big ol hood having me for dinner. Swear it probably distracted me from doing really good work a lot of times. Just sweating thinking about it while nervously glancing up over and over and over.
One time I hit it doing something and just about screamed like a girl and filled my pants.

Thank ALL the Gods for those two lil gas filled cylinders of happiness.

Reactions: eighty

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can’t speak enough about the damn hood struts. It’s unreal how much they just make getting in there such a joy.

I’ve always had this stupid fear of the prop failing one day and that big ol hood having me for dinner. Swear it probably distracted me from doing really good work a lot of times. Just sweating thinking about it while nervously glancing up over and over and over.
One time I hit it doing something and just about screamed like a girl and filled my pants.

Thank ALL the Gods for those two lil gas filled cylinders of happiness.
Yeah foreal, the center mounted rod would've been better. Only downside now is I cant reach the top of the hood from the front. Now have to go to the side to pull it down. 😂

·
Registered
334 Posts
That’s what the heftyfab bumpers are for. Ladder upgrades!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Been neglecting my X for years, money was tight...

But finally had to do a few things.
all new shocks
Oil cooler gasket
Oil pressure sensor
New leafs on the rear.

Sanded and polished and waxed the headlights.
Polished and Waxed the paint.

At last I painted the front bumper, It was looong needed, it was all faded and full of scratches.

I painted flat black my Grill and painted the Nissan Burguer with gloss black and red letters, taking inspo from the new Navara and Titan Pro4X

I REALLY LIKED THE RESULT!

·
Well then...
704 Posts
Ordered a coastal offroad bumper. Need to figure out how to take the stock bumper off. Any tips? Is it in the FSM?
Search is your friend.

·
Registered
07 X SE, TS, UCA, 285/75, Bunch of random
25 Posts
Rear end went out a few days ago. So looking at around $1400 for a Truetrac and axle. Was tossing around the idea of selling it due to I moved and spend $25 a day driving it but looks like she had different plans for me. Until death do us part 😂

29541 - 29554 of 29554 Posts