Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

29321 - 29340 of 29340 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
709 Posts
Alcans!! 600# over; 2.5" lift installed today. Got my rake back...

I also have @maXTERRA's rear bumper/spare tire carrier/dual gas can holder in route soon. They should work out well with the rear bumper installed and towing the cargo trailer on camping trips.

Drove it around the block with w/o spare tire and only the dog in the back, was a little stiff but didn't bother me one bit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
Caved and also bought a 12V fridge/freezer, took it up to Bowman Lake in CA and had a blast!! Handled awesomely even in the locked up car. BUT I need a better way to secure it. I'm open to ideas, but I usually sleep in the back of the X, so a fully mounted slide isn't really on the table. On this trip I just put the cooler outside on the ground, so I'm looking for a solution where I can use the utilitracks, and they won't impede a mattress in the back...Any bright ideas?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Put a new stereo in a few weeks ago. My X hasn't really hurt my wallet since I had the clutch and flywheel replaced last summer and mounted a new set of KO2s at the same time.
IMG_0431.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my X in March. Since then Ive
built DIY unistrut roof rack bars, rigged a DIY canopy, added a Curt hitch and Gobi ladder, "restored" exterior plastics, and fixed all damaged weather stripping with black silicone. New leaf springs, rear struts, tires, and fluids change in the next day or two.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
330 Posts
Plasti-dipped the front grill... I think I need to do the bumper also. watcha think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the look. I plan to use plastic trim paint on all of the plastics this summer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Plasti-dipped the front grill... I think I need to do the bumper also. watcha think?

First off, . For the bumpers in combination with nosepiece, take a look at mine and General_Tarfun’s. We did some custom paint combos between bumper and nose plastics. My bumper/nose is rustoleum bedliner/Nissan gloss black. Tarfun’s bumper/nose is a Mar-Hyde Black satin/Krylon Fusion Textured Shimmer Dark Grey. Gives you a couple of looks to compare.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Spent the weekend installing new headache medicine. Just wanted to change brand and go prescription meds. Old RF meds are still fine so may be selling them. Just wanted to hear Satriani’s “Flying In A Blue Dream” in proper glory. Next is research on replacement heart meds under the driver seat. Don’t want a pill box in the back. Too much other stuff back there.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
just spent about $40 on new power steering reservoir send and return hoses. hope this fixes the danm leak!

20% off and free shipping from advance auto.com

·
Well then...
478 Posts
Ordered $1499 worth of parts from Greg at PRG after blowing my shocks this weekend.

Upgraded my winch controller to the Apex wireless controller. ~$60

My SES light is on, after the gravel road that blew my shocks with P0448 - cleaned out the canister and solenoid, hopefully it’s fixed or that will be about another $100.00.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ordered $1499 worth of parts from Greg at PRG after blowing my shocks this weekend.

Upgraded my winch controller to the Apex wireless controller. ~$60

My SES light is on, after the gravel road that blew my shocks with P0448 - cleaned out the canister and solenoid, hopefully it’s fixed or that will be about another $100.00.

Solenoid only 20 bucks via amazon. Got the job done last week and is good now with only the tpms light on the dash

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sorry. It seems to for me. I also have the X in my garage that helps with my searches. Also using a Samsung tablet that hasn't been able to be updated since 16. Even fleabay has some even cheaper. The long def is "nissan vapor canister purge soilenoid Evap vent valve" package marking is Nissan drain cut valve. Even comes up in verbal google search for amazon and fleabay. I prefer Amazon for better shipping tracking and often time and pretty rare having to fuss with returns

·
Well then...
478 Posts
Sorry. It seems to for me. I also have the X in my garage that helps with my searches. Also using a Samsung tablet that hasn't been able to be updated since 16. Even fleabay has some even cheaper. The long def is "nissan vapor canister purge soilenoid Evap vent valve" package marking is Nissan drain cut valve. Even comes up in verbal google search for amazon and fleabay. I prefer Amazon for better shipping tracking and often time and pretty rare having to fuss with returns
Wow, you should upgrade that tablet.

OEM NISSAN Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid 14935-JF00A Evap Vent Control Valve NEW | eBay is the part we will likely need.

OEM Part no. 14935-JF00A

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow, you should upgrade that tablet.

OEM NISSAN Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid 14935-JF00A Evap Vent Control Valve NEW | eBay is the part we will likely need.

OEM Part no. 14935-JF00A

Who makes a battery powered 18.5 inch tablet? We have 2 more that ran one of the largest fireworks shows on the 4th of July in MN. Check out Delano fireworks on YouTube
Hertz going to have any truck platform vehicles for sale? My budget-wallet can't handle new
JF00E is newer version with larger solenoid

·
Well then...
478 Posts
Who makes a battery powered 18.5 inch tablet? We have 2 more that ran one of the largest fireworks shows on the 4th of July in MN. Check out Delano fireworks on YouTube
Hertz going to have any truck platform vehicles for sale? My budget-wallet can't handle new
JF00E is newer version with larger solenoid
I'm poking fun, but that sir is a big tablet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have installed a front camera from Phoenix Automotive.

It took 8 weeks of shipping time, but overall it fits quite well into Xterra emblem, and integrates well with the Atoto6 radio. I power it via fuse tap to the power mirror fuse socket.

Attachments

29321 - 29340 of 29340 Posts