Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

29301 - 29320 of 29342 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Photo from last night:

Chasing the LED lights
First there were top lights on the air dam......... $5 total. Using the Pro-4X 1 1/8" hole to go down driver's side pillar
and then came the grill lights........ $6 each?! Oznium 11mm (4 top of grille) and 4 Oznium 6mm (side grill corners)
and now the red glow below and inside...... $30 works when it wants to? Oznium IR remote multiple pattern 14" LED bar (flakey, ready to return, but need new light first 😀 ) - not the best idea to design a product with LED lights and infrared remote sensor - the buttons work fine for a few seconds. maybe the heat buildup inside this waterproof assembly? Trapped heat that has nowhere to go? Heat is the biggest enemy of electronics but within a few seconds??

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have replaced the serpentine belt at 51,200 miles after 4 years 8 month of driving. Probably an overkill since aside of a rusty red color of an old belt, it looked OK. I am planning to keep the old in the trunk just in case.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
On starting the engine, there was a noise... bad noise.

The radiator engine fan, the huge fan just behind the radiator, had bent blade tips and was hitting an obstruction, its own lower shroud, which has come loose. Just a little convincing and it came all the way out.

There was a whole chunk of the shroud missing, chewed up by the fan. Something must have hit the shroud and pushed it into the path of the fan.

Temp fix: remove the lower shroud. All good for now.
Real fix: "replace the lower shroud AND the fan, otherwise the bent fan blades cause an imbalance which will wear out the clutch and pulley"
How to: drain the coolant and remove the radiator hose to get the fan out.
Will get done soon.

the lower radiator fan shroud, chewed up

zoomed in

·
Registered
562 Posts
2 more boxes of Kilmat are coming to my doorstep tomorrow, along with a rivnut gun to fix the roof!
Installing a 12v USB socket in place of the 12v socket in the rear hatch area.

I've installed one box of the Kilmat 50mil so far, one rear door, the rear hatch and part of the floor. Along with 150mil closed cell Noico foam (not on the floor though)
I gotta say, significant sound quality improvement in the door with the mat compared to the other without!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bought a 28” eBay light bar. Decent light. Spot lights meh, but the floods are good. Also went in half on a off road X with a buddy. I snagged the wheels a while ago and now I’m taking the m226 out of it for my titan swap.
6547F611-CE45-4AED-B471-77DD64661FCC.jpeg
445FDDFA-D8A0-4910-8372-3A8EC658E72D.jpeg

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
In thinking about this, to me it isn't "What has the X Done to My Wallet" as much as it is... "What has the virus caused me to buy". :LOL:

$70 for wire to install the inverter. $65 for stuff to mount the awning. $$ for the Awning. $35 for a coffee pot for the trail. And all kinds of other little things that will make life a bit easier and more fun when out wheeling.

·
Registered
781 Posts

Touched up and installed this Gobi ladder I bought last week. My 1st grader loves it, making a majority vote on keeping it.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Stripped all my Shrockworks armour off my X. Took it all to a friends shop and used the shot peen blaster to strip all the old powder coating and rust off.
The front and rear bumpers, rock sliders and tire carrier swing arm are at a local shop getting new powder coating.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Its about to do some serious damage to my wallet. Complete Titan swap including 5.6L with my 6spd. And hopefully a front locker.
Very nice! Are you doing titan brakes/rear axle too? I see you're 6spd, so wondering how you'll tackle that.
Also, happen to be working with Sean? He's in Salmo with the VK swapped X on 37s haha. He knows all about the swap if you need assistance.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Replaced the factory boob lights with this setup (thanks roXterra), still need to aquire the other two lights for the middle mounts. I may try to do something else to replace the mounts that came with the lights, they sit a bit high for my taste, but we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Stripped all my Shrockworks armour off my X. Took it all to a friends shop and used the shot peen blaster to strip all the old powder coating and rust off.
The front and rear bumpers, rock sliders and tire carrier swing arm are at a local shop getting new powder coating.
Put all my freshly powder coated armour back on the X yesterday. Also, had my Warn 9.5xp winch reconditioned while the armour was getting coated and reinstalled that yesterday as well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Very nice! Are you doing titan brakes/rear axle too? I see you're 6spd, so wondering how you'll tackle that.
Also, happen to be working with Sean? He's in Salmo with the VK swapped X on 37s haha. He knows all about the swap if you need assistance.
Keeping my locking diff, I would like to upgrade the front brakes. I got stuck again this weekend so first I am doing bumper and winch. Then titan swap the suspension, then the 5.6. I have seen Seans rig on the BC nissan page. Very close to how I want mine. A 5.6 Xterra would be nasty.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Got the new vapor valve installed after blowing out the dust out of canister and lines. Amazon had it for $19. The idiot light is gone.
Tried to reset the tpms and after 3 trys while driving to get dog food gave up and stopped by a tire store and confirmed a dead sensor. Another coming up from Iowa so by end of Monday should have a idiot light free console.
Mailman left a welcome check from the IRS today

·
Registered
108 Posts
I ordered a Gobi rack black Friday 2019, and am impatiently waiting for the impact to my wallet. Given the pandemic, I had originally accepted it would be even longer. However, as of today, it's now been a full month since they emailed me to say "your order is shipping in the next two weeks, congrats and enjoy" and I've heard nothing since then despite two emails and voicemails. No pending charges on my card or anything.

Adding to my frustration, I've seen threads on Reddit about people installing Gobi racks (not on Xterras, but other vehicles) they ordered after me and received months ago, and even some claiming they paid a $500 "rush fee" to jump the line. With how much the rack cost in the first place that's a real kick in the ass to know I'd have to pay even more to hold my place in the queue.

29301 - 29320 of 29342 Posts