Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

29201 - 29220 of 29238 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
New (OEM) brake pads arrived from Courtesy Parts, $175. Probable going to turn utilize this weekend for catching up on maintenance.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Replaced rear shocks with Bilstein 5100s for 3-4in lift, 1in bump stop extensions

Drilled and slotted rotors with new pads. One of my old rotors had a really weird issue.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
That looks like your caliper seized. Did you replace the pins on the caliper and clean out the pin holes?
Didn't replace the pins, but pins and boots all looked good and moved freely. Went for a short drive and the wear looks even so far. I'll keep my eye on it and if it doesn't look right I'll just replace the pins, boots and re-grease. It was weird since there wasn't any noise, no drag I could notice, didn't pull to one side. I jacked it up and could spin the wheel freely, with brakes applied I couldn't. Acted just like the other sides that had normal wear.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
my rear brakes were doing something similar, changed the pads and rotors and they working as they should now.

looked very similar to yours were the pads weren't contacting the rotor completely and really rusted
Good to know. First time I've had rotors do that. I do have some pins and boots coming just in case though.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Alcans??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Got the Doombox a new companion.... Well, my plan was to ride my motorcycle out to the mountains today, but instead I drove 2 hours south to Aurora, CO to buy a pop up camper finally. So was on the road all day but not on 2 wheels. I'm proud of my Xterra, she's a champ. Been looking for a camper for a couple of months for our summer camping trips, but now it's gonna double as a bug out home as well. Probably sleeps 5 or 6 if you're cozy enough.

02 Coleman...Needs new tires and some TLC, but that'll come over time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought my 2005 a couple of weeks ago for $2850 which is about $2500 to $2700 below any othet ones I could find in similar age/shape.
So in the last week
New shocks & struts
New aftermarket tranny cooler (previous owner did bypass)
New crank positioning sensor
Tune up
Replaced all fluids
Replaced passenger side hub

Picked it up and when I was driving it home the CEL came on, went back to the shop, the mechanic said that is a new code (high idle) as he was checking for a vacuum leak, he moved the heater hose and the inlet broke spraying antifreeze all over his hand (luckily the antifreeze wasn't very hot, so he didn't get burnt)

So it is back in the shop until Monday when they can fix that.
Hopefully we don't have to replace the throttle body now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
had to reinstall stock headlights for registration since I moved to new state lol need to figure out how to convert the hid in my old projector to work with halogen bulbs lol to top it off all the dmv and inspectors are closed due to the quarantine haha

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Since we're getting close to good weather am getting ready to get back to some major work, ordered Firestik, coaxial, antenna spring, still debating on the mount, a couple sets of Niilight LED mounts for the two pods and small ba for the bumper. I need to do an inventory but am fairly certain I have everything now needed for all the LEDS, CB, OBA and Dual battery

29201 - 29220 of 29238 Posts