Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

29081 - 29100 of 29135 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Do you have a picture? I’m not a good judge of how these things fit in the space. TIA!
Got the pics the other day. its made by hefty, not super robust, but they haven't broken yet and serve the purpose well.

this has worked pretty well for a sleeping set up the last 4 times ive camped, solo, idk how it would work for 2 people..as I use one side for gear and the other for sleeping. I was actually thinking about using some sort of roof cargo box, or a trailer hitch cargo carrier just to free up some more interior space.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Got the pics the other day. its made by hefty, not super robust, but they haven't broken yet and serve the purpose well.

this has worked pretty well for a sleeping set up the last 4 times ive camped, solo, idk how it would work for 2 people..as I use one side for gear and the other for sleeping. I was actually thinking about using some sort of roof cargo box, or a trailer hitch cargo carrier just to free up some more interior space.
Your setup looks good.
(Those homemade traction boards?)
TY for the pics. I think I have seen those at Target many times.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Your setup looks good.
(Those homemade traction boards?)
TY for the pics. I think I have seen those at Target many times.
Thanks!

its worked pretty well.

ha and yes, I was wondering if anyone would notice that...

I wasnt sure how much snow i would encounter, didnt have actual traction boards but i had some 2x6 and a bunch of screws.. luckily ( or not idk) I didnt need them. I plan to get some real ones but.. you know how long the list of things i want / need gets..

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just googled it. Nice Bumper! When its all said and done ,how much in canadian dollars?
I've been looking at the one from coastal offroad. My buddy's a welder so I have that part covered,but the one your getting looks much more refined.
Far too much... lol. I got in on their 20% off layaway + $100 shipping credit sale. In total it was $1490 USD shipped to my door.
That's powdercoated, with the grille hoop and fog lights... then I paid another $200 CAD for customs.

Yes, it hurts to think about the price we pay up here. :cry:

That Coastal Offroad bumper is really nice, but I don't have the means to weld it together. I really liked the lines of the Exp One bumper, so I jumped on their sale.

·
Registered
295 Posts

I slept the same way this past weekend, after doing this i think im done with tents haha

·
Registered
57 Posts
Today I did bedliner on my back bumper, came out awesome, pics tomorrow. Also tomorrow I go to the county registration office to get my annual registration and plates. (y)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Finally finished building and installing my rear bumper. Pretty excited on how it came out! After getting rear ended a couple of years ago I now finally have recovery points and a tow hitch mount, again...oh, and lots of extra clearance! Also got a used matching 285 duratrac for the spare. The mountains already made sure the bumper paint matches the rest of the car with the dirty look. Cheers!

·
Registered
338 Posts
what happened? lose compression? cats? timing chains/ valves?
So about 6 months ago my wife & daughter were driving through Arkansas and a coil pack died, but they continued to drive for 15+ miles to a Nissan dealer. Apparently the hydraulic pressure from the fuel killed the #2 cylinder, and it now burns oil. It's gotten progressively worse until now we're at 1 quart every 250 miles. Then just before Christmas another coil pack died and my daughter drove it another 15+ miles before parking. I figured that it was time.

I've got the engine swapped and after a couple of minor issues it runs like a beast again! Gotta get the P2A00 code to go away now and get the ABS purged and the X will be in for many more happy miles. It cost about $2k all in, but I think it's worth it. There not making them anymore, so I gotta keep it alive. ( gotta find me a used lift and stuff now!!!)

·
Registered
57 Posts
My CB install and my rear bumper, now very black. I like the look. Eventually want an integrated one with tow hitch and tire carrier.... When the summer comes around and it's real hot, I may paint the plastics black too.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Made progress installing the Expedition One bumper today.
Need new hardware for the skid plates (not included apparently)
Anyone know off-hand the size of the threads on the skid plate mounts?

Fog lights will be installed after my work trip.
Winch will come when I have the funds.

Snorkel came in the mail today too! Excited for that!

29081 - 29100 of 29135 Posts