Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

27481 - 27500 of 28962 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
As far as I know it helps keep voltage more stable under higher electrical demand. I'm running various LED bulbs and my park lights that flicker every so often, HID projectors, and a bar light/cube lights for backroads. Doesn't hurt to have the extra grounds and I had extra 4 gauge battery cable so it didn't cost me anything extra either :grin:

The universe is a funny place. I just turned on a toaster oven and the LED light on the same circuit flickered and made me aware they're more sensitive than the fluorescent light it replaced. Coming here and reading this right afterwards was a poor play by The Matrix.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The universe is a funny place. I just turned on a toaster oven and the LED light on the same circuit flickered and made me aware they're more sensitive than the fluorescent light it replaced. Coming here and reading this right afterwards was a poor play by The Matrix.

My interior LED lights always hold a little charge when the truck is running. The rears give ambient light for my kiddos so I’m good with it haha.

Also I got bigger tires today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
My interior LED lights always hold a little charge when the truck is running. The rears give ambient light for my kiddos so I’m good with it haha.
No. they aren't holding ambient charge. it's micro amps back feeding through the circuit. turn your rig off and and you'll see they're still lit.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I took her up Dedeckera Canyon and up and over Steele Pass in Death Valley. It was a blast. Here's climbing a few of the steps:

https://vimeo.com/311598041/3a4fdf5320

Now due for oil. Still running like a dream at 129k miles.

Also finally mounted the hi-lift on the rear tire carrier (I had been using a roof mount since I had that long before the rear carrier). Aside from scraping myself on it a few times immediately, it seems fine back there and nice to have the weight off the roof. I had also forgotten where I put the hardware for mounting it there for a really long time so that's all sorted now.
Surprised you haven't taken your mudflaps off yet. Did you have to use the locker there?

·
Registered
205 Posts
No. they aren't holding ambient charge. it's micro amps back feeding through the circuit. turn your rig off and and you'll see they're still lit.

They don’t. I’ve checked that. If I turn on the cabin lights up front the rear won’t partially illuminate and it switches to the front.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Surprised you haven't taken your mudflaps off yet. Did you have to use the locker there?
You know it's funny when I watched the video after my friend sent it to me I thought "I forgot to take the front mud flaps off finally" and I was simultaneously surprised to recall I didn't scrape them once over the whole weekend. The rear ones were.... effectively removed through breakage before I finally totally took them off.
On these two steps in the video I did use the rear locker. I didn't use it for the other steps. We had a long drive ahead and I didn't really want to mess around but I'm sure that you could conquer the steps without a locker. It just makes it easier :)
My X continues to just go wherever I want to go. I love it.

·
TNX Veteran
541 Posts
Tried a Christmas present I'd never have thought to buy for myself out for the first time yesterday. It fits like it was made for the X and is was pretty nice not having to scrape snow covered ice off in the morning.

Birdbox mod... I like it. Luckily we don't get too much snow down in San Diego.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
747 Posts
On these two steps in the video I did use the rear locker. I didn't use it for the other steps. We had a long drive ahead and I didn't really want to mess around but I'm sure that you could conquer the steps without a locker. It just makes it easier :)

My X continues to just go wherever I want to go. I love it.

Still jealous of the locker. Maybe one day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My Very First Mods

1) During my Christmas holidays, I installed a BullyDog Tuner.
2) Today I installed an XTP IMS.
3) Today I also installed a Volant CAI.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I finally finished the PMF of the trans, changed the oil and the fluids in the transfer case and both diffs after cleaning up that mess you saw on my skids, though under the truck was worse. Got a headache from crawling around under it so still have 3 skids and the grill to go back on, but glad to have all that nasty stuff out and bottled for disposal. Thia was after changing the evap canister and valve and taking the intake out to clean the tube, airbox and MAF, they were as bad as the skids!

Oh, also finally passed 47,000 miles on an almost 8 year old truck.

·
Senior Member / (Q4WC) Club Moderator
411 Posts
Luckily my wife has agreed to most of the mods I've shown her. (I married a good country girl.) In some cases though, she can't figure out which one she likes better.:rolleyes:
My wife pushed for a full Titan swap and even decided on the Hefty setup. The country girls are the best :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just did mod #4. Off-road Gorilla Rear Diff Breather Extension.

I hot glued the filter to the back of the tail light housing to keep it from rattling.

While I was under the truck I noticed the spare is flat. I thought I checked it when I bought on Halloween Day. I’ll take care of that tomorrow.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Tested the KO2s out in the snow. No complaints, though I expect I would have some issues if it was the deeper stuff. Hoping I won’t have to break out the chains tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
To Google... I haven't heard of this before.
just means that one of the nuts that is welded inside the frame for the stock skid plates broke off when putting mt Hefty engine skid back on. Since you add 4 bolts to the outer corners of the aftermarket skids this is not that big an issue, but I will add a nutsert the next time I have them off.

27481 - 27500 of 28962 Posts