Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

What has The X Done to My Wallet Lately?

7M views 30K replies 2K participants last post by  El_Guevara 
#1 ·
Getting hot on the mods already. :)

Just interior for right now, but these were top priority.

Friday I ordered my ScanGaugeII w/ Blendmount. (paid $179 for the same package last year, $206 is how much they cost now! :( )

And a few minutes ago, I got the rear cargo barrier from Raingler.

Can't decide what we're doing next. But at 1500mi, I"m switching everything to Mobil 1.

So what have you all done lately for your X? :hello2:

#30,223 ·
Swapped wheels and tires to 17” 6 v-spokes from a 2023 Frontier allowing me to install BFG KO2s in 285/70/17 load range C. Reduced rotational mass by a couple pounds, and the ride is definitely less jolting than with the E tires I had been running for many years.
(Shared pic in a different thread a couple weeks ago that disappeared due to a website glitch)
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light

#30,224 · (Edited)
more door checks replaced, rear ones now
Left side easier, right side needed more oil on the 10mm bolt showing, zero rust but fighting the thread lock, still stressing the 1/4” socket (only use 6 point), that blue thread lock really works, came out as blue powder with the bolt.
$14 each from z1, $10 shipping, still less than $27 each from local dealer (2 days to get)

if you use doors a lot, checks are great. If you don’t use doors much, you may prefer the smooth motion (of worn out checks)
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

I love that working checks feelings, feels like new doors

#30,226 ·
Swapped wheels and tires to 17” 6 v-spokes from a 2023 Frontier allowing me to install BFG KO2s in 285/70/17 load range C. Reduced rotational mass by a couple pounds, and the ride is definitely less jolting than with the E tires I had been running for many years.
(Shared pic in a different thread a couple weeks ago that disappeared due to a website glitch) View attachment 158037
I got a set two years ago for my Frontier, in black. I loved the contrast (the truck is white, like your X). I was trying to get another set, also in black, for my X, both for the look and also to jump to 17s. Could not get it.
Those look good on Xterras and 2nd gen Frontys.