Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1221 - 1240 of 1272 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
@Wanderlost - Did you order Radflos or Bils? FYI, Radflo themselves provide a 17-21 day lead time for there shocks. Add some time for shipping, plus a couple days for PRG are whoever to cut the P.O. to them....

Bils - PRG sometimes has those in stock.

Has you can see in previous post. I am still currently in a long adventure with lift parts from PRG. Still ongoing (have most parts, not all). Placed order 5/2. He has been trying to make it right little by little. Sometimes he responds right away, sometimes it's a challenge.

If you got Radflo's I recommend contacting Radflo and asking them for status. They are very responsive and always answer the phone. Then you hear first hand.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine was just an AAL and spacer kit and a u-bolt flip kit. that being said, I do have to tip my hat to Greg. He saw my post on here and made it a point to call me (missed the call), leave a detailed voicemail explaining the situation, and send me an email explaining the double tracking numbers and delay.

·
Registered
58 Posts
PRG has had 1187 ( now 1188) responses - on this thread alone. Let that sort of sink in and simmer for a bit.
Greg could be the most knowledgeable and way cool guy on the Earth, but the response times and endless phone calls to his company speak megaphone loudly to the poor customer service going on there.

I would *hope* it's just all part of growing pains for that company as they struggle to meet the demand for aftermarket performance upgrade Xterra parts..

I emailed Steve at Nisstec this morning, and already have my response...so this is exactly why I'll chose Nisstec for my purchases in the future.

Exactly. Agreed. x100 I had plenty of problems with my order (wrong lift and missing parts) and then months of trying to remedy the situation and in the end zero response or support. Sorry, cool guy, terrible service.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Emailed PRG Friday to check if PRG diff cover was in stock. Emailed back right away and said it was. Ordered through the site using PayPal and received the cover on Monday. Very happy about how that experience went. :rockin:

Also emailed about the new Radflo's I was having issues with. And, no response. However, I was able to drive down to Radflo (12 miles away) and they took care of it no questions asked. It took them 2 trys. Glad they were close by. After I dropped them off for the second oops, (didn't align the mounts correctly) they actually drove to my place of employment and hand delivered them to me. :surprise:Now, that is impressive customer service! Albeit, shouldn't have needed to.

The shock had started turning when trying to adjust them. It was becoming unscrewed from the bottom mount.
look for this when adjusting your Radflo's folks. They are just held in with red locktite.

·
Registered
546 Posts
1st experience:
A few months back ordered the 1/4” spacer and ended up canceling after a couple weeks when a used one turned up for sale. Had the experience others mentioned of being told it’s going to ship and then doesn’t. I believe someone else later found it’s being discontinued.

2nd experience:
Ordered single AAL and new U bolts on Wednesday - received them today (Friday).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ordered diff cover. showed up a couple of days later.

Called Greg to talk lift. Called me back in about hour later. Chatted for 20 min. Asked about getting 1/2" (1/4" thick) lift spacers from him. He said don't bother, just shim with washers.

Ordered 5125 rear shocks on the phone. Got them a few days later. Did not get my confirmation e-mail.

Asked Greg about extended shock top plate studs on a message I left. He called back an hour later, told me what I needed to know on a message.

·
Registered
180 Posts
First time: bought the 5100 AAL combo kit and it came in just over a week, no problems whatsoever

Second time: I ordered a spacer on the site and after over a week I still had no confirmation from PRG but PayPal confirmed the order and took my money. I called during business hours and got the answering machine. The next day I was issued a refund with no call or email from PRG. I wanted the spacer not a refund but I don't think I'll be re-ordering from his site.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Ordered the DAAL and spacer kit from Greg about a year and a half ago with no issues and quick shipping. Gave him a call about a month ago and chatted with him about my plans and got setup with 5125 rear shocks, adjustable shackles, SPC arms and Rads. Great guy to talk to and extremely knowledgeable - even talked me down from the PRG arms I wanted and said SPCs are great and would be all I need.

He gets some hate for the long lead time and poor communication but I think that's just part of running a small business. I'm sure he gets stretched thin from time to time but all my experiences thus far have been fantastic FWIW

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Around 5 weeks ago I ordered Red shackles, ubolt flip kit and 3°shims. Emailed ahead of time and got informed he had them all in stock. Well got the shackles and ubolt flip kit very fast like 3 days or so but no shims. Emailed about it and he said they made a mistake and would ship them the next day. Well no confirmation and after 2 weeks I tried emailing back but no luck. I've since sent 3 emails to not response. I normally don't have the ability to call during the day due to my work schedule but I will try to call tomorrow morning and will see. Was my first order too... and my Alcans come in Monday. :/

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had ordered the SAAL deluxe mini kit which was supposed to include a single add a leaf, but mine was shipped with the dual leaf, which is a pretty big free upgrade if you compare costs. Whether that was due to a parts stocking issue or him just being a cool guy is unknown to me, but I'll take it :). Got my stuff in 10 days or so, I have no complaints at all.

·
Registered
508 Posts
2 weeks ago I ordered 1/2 spacers from PRG. Yesterday I just got notified that i was getting my money back without explanation. What do you guys think it is?
I ordered them and was charged. No feedback, but I knew he was slammed. Tried emailing, tried calling, no response. Finally had to dispute via paypal after a month.

Ended up ordering from nisstec and received them before I got the tracking number.

1221 - 1240 of 1272 Posts