Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys anybody know whats going on with him?
:confused:
I am posting in here because I know he is from your part of the country, and I figured you guys would know best.

Long story short I have been in email contact with him about making me a light bar mount for a 40" Rigid bar to fit my Frontier. We were talking back and forth for about a week getting everything sorted out. on Feb 12th He sent me an invoice which I payed him same day (even went back verified through the bank account that it went through.) After paying him I sent him an email stating that I just paid the invoice via paypal, and asked for a rough estimate of when it might be completed. I have yet to here back from him. It has now been over a month and I have emailed him about once a week (4 times now) just asking for a projected date. I have also called him 3 times but his mailbox is full and I can't leave any messages. I know he is a busy man making nice stuff. But he has $165 of mine and I have yet to hear from him so it is starting to make me a little upset.

I am a day or so away from contacting paypal and filing a dispute

If any of you guys know what's going on with him please let me know. I can understand if some sort of family issue came up or something. But if he just decided to stop doing work without notifying anyone or posting any info on his web page that he will be closed down for a while, then that is messed up especially after sending people invoices.

·
on line
3,453 Posts
Go ahead and file a claim with paypal.

Trust me, you'll never see the product again with him since he's ripped many other people off right now and most have yet to see their products/money back.

File the claim NOW!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
But if he just decided to stop doing work without notifying anyone or posting any info on his web page that he will be closed down for a while, then that is messed up especially after sending people invoices.
I feel like at this point, this is more or less what he's done. Be thankful you're only out $165.00 and have a CHANCE of getting it back.

I know this is an issue with one vendor in particular, but I've thought of making a new thread in the Off Topic area or something about what we're going through so more people could see it. Hopefully with more traffic, it may sway others who were thinking of buying thinks from him and getting stuck in the same situation we are, because after all, John won't tell you he can't do it, he just takes your money and disappears.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Just wondering - do we have a "Beware of Vendor" section? I know there is the potential that it could go a bit off. But a thought, if we had one where you submitted a post to a mod and if it was justified (not "he said it would be here Tuesday morning and it came Tuesday night, ugh!" type of stuff) this would be a good way for people to be on the lookout. Especially newer members.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Well he must still be paying auto guide his ad is still up.
Not necessarily ... that presumes AG is still using the same advertising business model for those ads, and that the ads haven't gone into 'relic status' ... I doubt the original coding for those ads was automated enough to pull an ad when the vendor's subscription came due.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Just wondering - do we have a "Beware of Vendor" section? I know there is the potential that it could go a bit off. But a thought, if we had one where you submitted a post to a mod and if it was justified (not "he said it would be here Tuesday morning and it came Tuesday night, ugh!" type of stuff) this would be a good way for people to be on the lookout. Especially newer members.
There is a Buyer & Seller feedback section:

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
There is a Buyer & Seller feedback section:

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48
I feel like it almost goes beyond that. It's gone from bad communication and delayed timelines, to straight lying and fraud. John is still accepting orders and down payments for orders he cannot possibly produce, while still giving people false lead times. He also lied to myself and others not only via email and phone, but to me in person when asked about the status and delivery of other members products. I realize the mods may not allow us to make a more public thread about this since John is a paying vendor though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well here's an update

I called and filed a dispute with Paypal. According to the man on the phone he has 10 days to respond with a tracking number of the item being shipped. If that does not happen he said I will receive my refund on the 11th day (March 30th).

This really sucks, I was hoping to give John the benefit of the doubt, But I wont be taken advantage of either. It sounds like he cannot run his business effectively, even if he is over booked with projects and backlogged for months, he needs to put up on his home page what the projected lead times are.

He also needs to have someone responding to emails or checking messages on the phone, if he is too busy to do it himself. I would be willing to work with him if I even got an email that said something like "Hey we are extremely busy with orders at the moment...or.... Hey we have had a family emergency, production will resume in ....Bla...Bla...Bla...." Whatever you know just something.

But at this point I am done with that kind of shinanigans.

Either this post or one of the other ones regarding this issue needs to be stickied to the top for all to see.

Thank you all for the responses-

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Hey, that's why PayPal is awesome, I got ripped off on a Trek lights group buy and had to file a claim, got a full refund. Xoskel appears to have gone from delayed deliveries, to straight up taking people's cash with no intent of ever producing something. I can't believe he is still listed as a supporting vendor on here.

Speaking of vendors, am i the only one who doesnt have any ads today at the top of the page? Or is it the funky security blockers on my work computer?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Not necessarily ... that presumes AG is still using the same advertising business model for those ads, and that the ads haven't gone into 'relic status' ... I doubt the original coding for those ads was automated enough to pull an ad when the vendor's subscription came due.

These ads are not automated at all... but the odds of AG checking on there is bill to none... They care more about the google adware vs...
that and your supporting membership money. good luck asking what pockets those head into

Sad to see this happening to Xoskel.. I know he had some issues with loosing his work place.. year or so back... Most of the tools he used to build them were the guy he worked for.. I have a buddy that just received his Frontier roof rack... Only took 9 months... and it took a buddy 1 year to get his xterra roof rack...

When you work a full time job and do these side projects it does get hard... once you get behind its all over...

Maybe he will come out of this funk soon,,

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
When I dealt with him when I bought my Xoskel cage, we stayed in constant communication and everything and I had no problems. I know that he does good work and if it's just him, I'm sure he is way overloaded. I don't think he expected his products to do so well and the demand to be so high and now doesn't work effectively as a side job but needs to be more of a full time job now which he may not be able to do anymore. He also may have some personal problems going on too that isn't anyones business.

I do agree that he should stay in contact with people he has gotten money from. If he takes the money and it turns out to be too much for him to handle, he should refund the money and just be truthful about it. I know there are good people on this site who are more than willing to understand tough times and as long as they get their money back, no harm no foul. If he is taking peoples money and not giving them the product they ordered, that's just plain theft. No ifs, ands or buts about it. He needs to do the right thing and refund peoples money if they have not received the product they ordered.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. This behavior is uncalled for and should not be tolerated no matter how busy you are. I used to sell projects on the side and when i fell behind or could not meet the promised date I would email the customer letting them know, and asked if they would like a refund. Just taking the money and running is not cool at all.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts