Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had the opperunity to have 2 extra guages mounted into a dash pod what you get?
I wasthinking 1 at least could be an oudoor temp guage....what do you think?

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
na.....! not a clock...still looking for the roll and pitch guage...thinking about calling Toyota and seeing if they fit in the pod that I am getting. The dash pod fitts a 2 1/16th guage in it.

·
on line
102 Posts
miles said:
txelen said:
Distance to empty or current gas mileage gauge / readout
I didnt you could get that distance to empty as a guage....got to check into that....thanks
Some BMW's have an analog gas mileage gauge, and a lot of newer cars have a digital distance to empty/mpg readout. I really like seeing average MPG for a trip- it encourages good driving habits as far as coasting, accelerating slowly, etc.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
those are all good suggestions but...I need them seperate as guages kind of like the FJ
like this..

I was also thinking of calling Toyota and seing how much replacment inclinometer guages would be......its been difficult finding them.....if you guys come across them please let me know.

·
on line
197 Posts
txelen said:
miles said:
txelen said:
Distance to empty or current gas mileage gauge / readout
I didnt you could get that distance to empty as a guage....got to check into that....thanks
Some BMW's have an analog gas mileage gauge, and a lot of newer cars have a digital distance to empty/mpg readout. I really like seeing average MPG for a trip- it encourages good driving habits as far as coasting, accelerating slowly, etc.
Should have got an SE.
;-)

I do exactly what you said...I'm always in the Avg MPG mode on the computer...almost drive you nuts.

·
on line
7 Posts
guages

miles said:
X2....I found this outside temp guage on eguages,...but I need it one in Metric.....its good from -30 to +70 degrees celcius
The aircraft supply places might have some that should be adaptable. Check chiefaircraft.com.

·
on line
4,593 Posts
I was also thinking of calling Toyota and seing how much replacment inclinometer guages would be......its been difficult finding them.....if you guys come across them please let me know.

A friend had his gauges yanked from his FJ a couple months back.

The replacement cost was ~$330 as I recall. He searched all over for them; they are difficult to find on the open market.

Here's from a quick search (part number 83290-35081):

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=searchCatalogOEM&siteid=214001

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for the link but even at $330 its alot...I was thinking of going the aviation route...looking for a pitch gyro and a horizon gyro...to put in my guages....at least it would be unique and different.

does anyone know of a place where I could find airplane parts....cheap
thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts