Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have the day off for Labor Day. I have Top Gun spacers and AC shackles in the back of the Xterra.

So, I say to myself, this would be a good day to install my lift........

After 6 hours and lots of problems, it is finally done!!!!!! The funny thing is, I thought I would have the most problems with the shackles, but they were simple to install.

The instructions for the spacers said it take less than an hour...., hahaha!!! They took the longest cause I couldn't get the bottom strut bolt loose. And then I had 1, only 1 nut to put on for the front sway bar and I had boogered up the thread on the very end of the bolt and couldn't get the nut back on. So, I had to take the bolt out and cut off some of the bolt to get the nut back on... ( there were more issues that I care not to talk about....)

And many,many,many thanks to mcampana for answering his phone the 3 times I called him today to ask questions!!!! Thanks again Mark, I appreciate your friendship!!!!!

So, enjoy the pics of the finished product.. I am very happy with the way the lift turned out. I drove it around tonite and didn't get any UCA contact.. But, who knows, I may get it later??

·
on line
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
willgr1 said:
looks good, did you get it aligned yet? if not you'll wanna do that asap

Yeah, I am going to get it alligned in the next few days. I got the cam bolts too. The front wheels look a little toed in, so hopefully the allignment will take care of that.

·
on line
527 Posts
hopefully we all can get together soon cause I cant make this weekends run. my truck looks different than the last time. we should plan a run late fall or something.

·
on line
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cincinnati_xterra said:
hopefully we all can get together soon cause I cant make this weekends run. my truck looks different than the last time. we should plan a run late fall or something.
You mean to tell me that I will be the only Xterra there among all those FJ's? :bounce:

Sorry you can't make it. I will have plenty of pics again.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Dirt36, how much lift did you get front and back? I just put on new 285/75 tires and now I think I would like to get about 2" of lift. Did you get this with your Top Gun and AC setup?

·
on line
564 Posts
Looks good dude...what size BFG's are those?

Rob

·
on line
92 Posts
hey how much was your whole set up with the shackles and the spacers if you dont mind me asking?? and did you do the aligning yourself or did you go somewhere to do it.

·
on line
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bueller44 said:
Dirt36, how much lift did you get front and back? I just put on new 285/75 tires and now I think I would like to get about 2" of lift. Did you get this with your Top Gun and AC setup?

Yeah 2" exactly with the spacers and shackles. Been installed since Monday and still no UCA contact.... We'll see after this weekend at Coon Creek.

·
on line
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Xkid23 said:
hey how much was your whole set up with the shackles and the spacers if you dont mind me asking?? and did you do the aligning yourself or did you go somewhere to do it.
The shackles I got from ridgerunnerX for 60 bucks and the spacers were 89.95, plus another 60 for the cam bolts. I am getting it alligned as we speak. So, I don't know the total on that.

It is not a bad lift for the price. I am very happy with the end results.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Post some pics when you go wheelin and let us know how it does!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts