Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone !

I was wondering if anyone know what could be the issue or heard of what could be the problem..

I was pulling out from parking lot on the main road.. at low speed, slowly and car just shut off... all the lights lid up...
I turned it off and started again no problem... drove for about 25 min.. and then Service Engine Soon , light came up..
car seems to run fine... no misfire or anything..still accelerates same good..
any idea ?

Thank you

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have you checked for codes yet? Maybe MAF? Check everything before the throttle body and make sure nothing is loose? Did it shut off suddenly or kind of bog down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I haven't checked the codes yet. My friend mech is closed today and I don't have code reader yet... really need to buy one.
I had music playing but it felt like it shut off suddenly

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will need to order OBD2 scanner tool.. so I can diagnose car myself..
but today the car wouldn't start.. it would turn no problem but wouldn't start at first... so it it kinda sounds like those sensors wen't bad...
now I need to look up where I can buy them... at good price...

·
Registered
465 Posts
There was a thread that posted in the last couple days on where to buy the cheapest

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thank you very much I will look for it then.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Diagnose the problem before researching or buying parts.

It could be as simple as a fuse.
Ok yes thank you will go to local autozone and see if they can scan it for free ))

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so I scan and i got the code P0345 Camshaft position sensor A Circit Bank 2

So looks like its just one of them...
Now should I change both? And now I need to look for one at good price as at autozone they both like $90 ea o_O:oops:

·
Registered
75 Posts
No, don’t buy it from autozone unless it’s the hitachi brand. And I’m kind of guessing it won’t be. Even if it is rock auto has them for much less. If you need it now,then of course get the more expensive one from autozone but again I don’t think they’ll carry hitachi. Using any other brand seems to almost guarantee ongoing eventual problems based on all the anecdotal evidence of this forum.
On rock auto the two part numbers you need are CPS0008 and CPS0005. Just plug those in to the part search bar and you’ll find them. They’re each ~$43 not including shipping. But will still be much better than anything other price. Also, most people will end up doing both cam sensors and the crank sensor at the same time. Just kind of makes sense to replace em all as preventative maintenance, if you have the money to do so of course. If not then wait for a failure prior to getting the part. But for the crank sensor you want to buy that from Nissan only as rock auto doesn’t offer the oem/hitachi part for that. I use only nissanpartsdeal.com. They seem to be the absolute best in terms of selection and pricing but ymmv. The part number for your crank sensor is 23731-EA20D. Their cost is $45.64 also not including tax/shipping. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, don’t buy it from autozone unless it’s the hitachi brand. And I’m kind of guessing it won’t be. Even if it is rock auto has them for much less. If you need it now,then of course get the more expensive one from autozone but again I don’t think they’ll carry hitachi. Using any other brand seems to almost guarantee ongoing eventual problems based on all the anecdotal evidence of this forum.
On rock auto the two part numbers you need are CPS0008 and CPS0005. Just plug those in to the part search bar and you’ll find them. They’re each ~$43 not including shipping. But will still be much better than anything other price. Also, most people will end up doing both cam sensors and the crank sensor at the same time. Just kind of makes sense to replace em all as preventative maintenance, if you have the money to do so of course. If not then wait for a failure prior to getting the part. But for the crank sensor you want to buy that from Nissan only as rock auto doesn’t offer the oem/hitachi part for that. I use only nissanpartsdeal.com. They seem to be the absolute best in terms of selection and pricing but ymmv. The part number for your crank sensor is 23731-EA20D. Their cost is $45.64 also not including tax/shipping. Hope this helps.
So in total it comes to 3 sensors am I correct?
Would you be so kind to link them? Thank you so much for respond

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just go to rockauto.com and nissanpartsdeal.com and plug those part numbers into the search bars. You’ll find them immediately.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just go to rockauto.com and nissanpartsdeal.com and plug those part numbers into the search bars. You’ll find them immediately.

Ok I found this sensor

and those 2 sensors here

with a total for all 3 of them $160 including shipping and tax

I guess I have to get those... there is no better option...

Edit... now I am also .. wondeirng.. on ether to get the 2 in red.. or get all 3 in green...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Go with Hitachi now or go with them when the Doorman’s fail in 3000 miles. The choice is yours.
I guess.. I mean.. can't go that cheap on some parts... and that is already way way cheaper from what they sell at autozone or AAP... like for $80-90

too bad they rockauto dont have a good one there on CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes go hitachi or like stayed above go hitachi when any other brand fails. Aftermarket is ok for some things but anything like an electrical sensor I would only do oem. And hitachi is the oem provider of the sensors. Also I feel you. I wish rockauto offered the crank as well but Unforch they don’t. Either way, get those 3 and hopefully be able to done stamp your issue plus have peace of mind for hopefully another 100k miles on those parts.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright... thank you all very much for the help and feedback !
I placed order for those 2 camshaft sensors

1 - 20 of 23 Posts