Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Bumping this thread, what a winter we are having in Vermont! Best snow in the country right now. I have a season pass to Stratton and there seems to be new snow every weekend.

I was riding an older LibTech TRS until it got stolen last week... Now I am looking at some board options through my cousin who has a some hookups... Who steals snowboards? Scum, that's who.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Bumping this thread, what a winter we are having in Vermont! Best snow in the country right now. I have a season pass to Stratton and there seems to be new snow every weekend.

I was riding an older LibTech TRS until it got stolen last week... Now I am looking at some board options through my cousin who has a some hookups... Who steals snowboards? Scum, that's who.
Sucks your board was jacked.

I hate you on the snow part. Take a look at the mountain I normally go to. Http://www.summitatsnoqualmie.com we have no snow in the NW.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I know this hasn't been bumped in awhile, however, I use to ride a Flow Mainframe 157. I just returned from my honeymoon in Canada, Canmore/Banff area to be specific and picked up a 2016 Rossi One Magtek 159. The new board is longer, but rides like a shorter board because of the rocker/camber tech and I must say it is kickass. It is so much more maneuverable than the last board, however, that's what happens with technology. My Flow was circa 2006/7 era, so almost a decade of advancements in boarding tech.

I'm hoping to make it out west again this winter, possibly mid March for some spring boarding. Ride/Ski safe kids.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Last year Ride snowboards gave me my last hook up. 155cm ride buck up...little still, full camber. Have been on rides since i was on the team in college...my favorite board recently was machete gt

·
Registered
686 Posts
1995? And I thought my boards, actually board due to damage to the newer one, were old being 2000-2003 boards.
Its in great condition because i don't do park or go off the trails in the woods i just cruise around. I also have an 08 Burton Custom X 157CM
Good lord! You two need to invest in the new tech. You'll be amazed at what a new board can do these days. I upgraded last year from an 07' Flow to a 16' Rossi One MagTek. I was in Heaven and I can't wait to get back on it.

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
Good lord! You two need to invest in the new tech. You'll be amazed at what a new board can do these days. I upgraded last year from an 07' Flow to a 16' Rossi One MagTek. I was in Heaven and I can't wait to get back on it.
This! Serated edges and reverse camber (aka rocker, banana) make a world of difference. :)

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
For my style of riding camber works best for me. I've rode lib/gnu banana boards and didn't much care for them. I've yet to try out a hybrid board though. Plus, banana boards let you slack a lot in your riding and get away with it. I've gone through too much training when I used to teach to allow myself to take the easy way.

141 - 160 of 166 Posts