Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently drive a jeep wrangler. Don't hold it against me, I want out of it. Before I start haggling with the salesman I'd like to know what you guys/gals paid for your Pro-4x recently? I know it's based on different options packages etc... Just trying to find the ballpark figure.

BTW I previously owned an Xterra and can't wait to get back in one!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I think you're better off going to kbb.com nadaguides.com or truecar.com and comparing new prices there... You're still going to find a range, but asking people here, you're relying on their ability to negotiate, which I will guarantee is going to vary all over the board...

On top of that if you're trading in your Wrangler, YOUR negotiating skills and the amount of info you have regarding what a dealer will give you in trade is going to be all over the board as well... Then there's financing, ext warranties, , gap insurance, etc., where the dealer will try to take more money out of your pocket...

I' was in the car business for a while and I can tell you right now that you need to do your homework before going in to buy a car, or you will likely get taken and not even know it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you're better off going to kbb.com nadaguides.com or truecar.com and comparing new prices there... You're still going to find a range, but asking people here, you're relying on their ability to negotiate, which I will guarantee is going to vary all over the board...

On top of that if you're trading in your Wrangler, YOUR negotiating skills and the amount of info you have regarding what a dealer will give you in trade is going to be all over the board as well... Then there's financing, ext warranties, , gap insurance, etc., where the dealer will try to take more money out of your pocket...

I' was in the car business for a while and I can tell you right now that you need to do your homework before going in to buy a car, or you will likely get taken and not even know it.
this isn't my first rodeo. this was neither helpful nor did it answer the very simple question I asked.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
575 Posts
Have always thought if you can get 10% off MSRP, doing well, unless lots of incentives going on. Seems incentives have dried up in entire business in last few months - car business has been good. In my rural area, dealer inventory seems a big factor. Maybe check out Edmunds.com - build your pro4x, enter zip, and get average for your area. Think MSRP for pro4x CC is 33,000. - w/lux package 35,700.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts