Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

What are the Differences between Titan and Xterra Front Coilovers?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Night Wolf 
#1 ·
I know the top mounting pad is different 3 bolt vs 4 bolt, but is that it? Would it be possible to take a set of titan coil overs and change the top mount to the Xterra mount and be good to go?

#2 ·
I think the top mount and the length are different. You might be able to do that, but why would you want to run titan coilovers? You might as well just buy xterra ones. Unless you are titan swapped, there really isnt a benefit there. You may increase the travel in the front suspension, but it may be TOO much, and then you risk over extending you front suspension (ie: ball joints, cv joints, etc). I don't think it is a good idea.

#4 ·
I forget the exact measurements, but it goes something like this...
Xterra springs are about 4" in diameter
Titan springs are about 6" in diameter
The spring pocket in an Xterra isn't wide enough to accept stock Titan springs. Aftermarket is at the whim of whoever is making the coil overs. Just because they fit a Titan does not mean that they will interchange into an Xterra with just changing a few bolt holes on the top.

And I am pretty sure they both use 3-bolts to hold the spring to the frame.

#5 ·
^thats possible. I've I bought some titan shocks/coilovers. I was told I could change the mounting plates and they should work but my mechanic said they wouldn't fit due to being too tall. They were probably too lazy to even try because they bs'd me and said the back ones would fit and yet they don't (i tried).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.