Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My alterantor bearings are going out and getting noisy. Im shopping around and found one at O'reilleys with a lifetime warranty, but its spendy. I can also buy one on Amazon, and its half the price, but no replacement warranty..

Would it be prudent to spend the extra cash and get the warranty? I know the placement of these things make them suceptable to dying somewhat frequently.. I just dont want to fork over the extra cash if its not going to be worth it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
My alterantor bearings are going out and getting noisy. Im shopping around and found one at O'reilleys with a lifetime warranty, but its spendy. I can also buy one on Amazon, and its half the price, but no replacement warranty..

Would it be prudent to spend the extra cash and get the warranty? I know the placement of these things make them suceptable to dying somewhat frequently.. I just dont want to fork over the extra cash if its not going to be worth it.

Thanks!
Is the Nissan one ridiculously expensive? I'd be more inclined to buy that one since mine has lasted almost 8 years now.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked around and its around $50 to have the bearings replaced, but if anything else is going on with it, Ive wasted time I dont have a lot of. I think Im going to just replace it with an oreilley unit..

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I have the "quality built" brand from Amazon, and at about 15K miles I have had no issue. It looked identical to the old one. It appeared to be a rebuild so I really don't know what was replaced. No core charge, so I got to keep my old one for rebuild which was the main reason I went that way. Which reminds me, I need to get back to finishing that up before I forget how the old one goes back together.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I checked around and its around $50 to have the bearings replaced, but if anything else is going on with it, Ive wasted time I dont have a lot of. I think Im going to just replace it with an oreilley unit..
I got my spare off ebay for $40… Might be worth having a look there and car-part.com.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Just got one off of rock auto two weeks ago. $200 including the $75 core charge. So total spent was about $150 after I get the core charge back. It was rebuilt and shiny. No regrets doing that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
on line
14,627 Posts
Just got one off of rock auto two weeks ago. $200 including the $75 core charge. So total spent was about $150 after I get the core charge back. It was rebuilt and shiny. No regrets doing that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
You still paid more than it can be had for with little diligent searching

1 - 12 of 12 Posts