Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought this would be a fun question and may provide the opportunity to share some unique/cool mods that many don’t think of. So what’s your favorite unique mod (excluding lifts/tires/Titan swapping/etc.)? Mines probably a tie between my custom tray mount for my phone or my interior camping lights.

Tray Mount:

Camping lights:

Hard to tell in the picture but I mounted 6mm Ozium LEDs in the rear 2 dome lights (rear seat and cargo) and ran 2 switches. One on the rear D pillar and one on the B pillar. I can turn them on and off from either switch for a nice dim light when getting in or out at night while camping.

·
Registered
2013 Pro4X, 6MT
1,230 Posts
My favorite mod, though it's not unique but not what most would list as their favorite, is my rearview mirror upgrade. Went from Autodim/Compass/Temp to Autodim/Compass/Temp/Homelink. I fricking love not having to carry a garage door opener!

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Im thinking about adding some similar rear lighting, thanks for the ideas!

·
TNX Veteran
4,579 Posts
Tough call. The LEDs I added to the rear hatch are pretty amazing at night, especially in the winter. Interior bike rack I'm proud of since I cut/welded it myself and it is really simple for how well it works.

But I think it has to the various hide-a-key solutions I've tried. I feel WAY better doing anything in the backcountry knowing that I have a spare key hidden on my vehicle.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Chapstick Mod

·
Registered
786 Posts
Here's the closest I have to an actual write up:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Being a machinist with covid lockdowns keeping me home I took some lights that were sitting on the shelf and made some extendable brackets for the back of my X. I made standoffs that thread into the rivnuts holding the roof rack on from 303 stainless. The mount is made of aluminum and painted black. It will extend about 3 inches which allows the lights to be pointed down to illuminate the campsite. With the white covers on its very soft light and uncovered very bright flood pattern. Since installation I've used them once in Death Valley. I had more fun making them than actually using them.
Hood Motor vehicle Fixture Tank Window
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
531 Posts
This^^^. I still wanna do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
1. Latest mod. Dual battery gauges, floating
2. Transmission gauge (104) and under hood (82)
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Gauge Steering part Automotive tire

3. Washing water. Won’t freeze in the winter in the desert. Gas doesn’t freeze until -40 degrees
Car Land vehicle Glasses Vehicle Tire

4. Airbag sensor light delete (bad seat sensor)
- black 1 inch square of tape over the flashing dash light — issue fixed! $1000 fix otherwise? $100 fix coming from aftermarket sensor soon
(I can’t find the picture)

5. magnet on the fridge lid behind driver (access while driving, no need to look back)
(Picture needed)

6.a whole lot of switches
GPS, fridge, 2 power inverters, cell signal booster, gauges (mod 1 and 2) turn on and off
Top is master which turns all off.

Light Camera accessory Cameras & optics Audio equipment Gas

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts