Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
under the mat on the front passenger side i ve noticed it to be quite damp. has anyone else noticed this maybe its just for the 07 seeing that my fiancee has an 07 nismo and it has the same problem. the ac hose is releasing the water inside the car some how. i took it to the dealership and they supposedly fixed it but it still gets wet ima take it again though. please do check and if your not using your ac currently then it might not have it but yeah two brand new 07 nissans with the same exact situation :cwm21:

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Creek said:
i would normally say heater core, but an '07? that shouldn't have gone already...
yup two 07s i know its not just some coincidence please do check yours

·
on line
139 Posts
I have an '07 OR and also have the exact same problem you describe. It appears to be related to A/C usage.

I also took it to the dealer. They said there was a drain hose that was deformed and as a result was leaking. They "fixed" it under warranty and...

...it's still damp under my passenger floor mat.

D-Rock

·
on line
1,208 Posts
I have an 06 and my wife and I found out during a long road trip, that it was condensation in that area. If the vent is positioned with it blowing any AC to the floor for an extended period of time condensation forms on the panels and then drips all over. turn it off, condensation goes away.

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this problem sucks and it should have been fixed the first time but i guess im going to give it a second shot

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Exhaust/catalatic converter shields either off or flush with floorboard and A/C, either piping/leaks or downflo causes condensation !!

-Mine don'tdoit---

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
192 Posts
D-Rock said:
I have an '07 OR and also have the exact same problem you describe. It appears to be related to A/C usage.

I also took it to the dealer. They said there was a drain hose that was deformed and as a result was leaking. They "fixed" it under warranty and...

...it's still damp under my passenger floor mat.

D-Rock
Do you by chance know where the AC drain hose is? i wouldnt mind checking it out to make sure everything is in good order.

·
on line
45 Posts
Nissan has a service bulletin out for this problem. So if you're having trouble, the stealership has a "fix" supposedly...

If my truck had this problem, I would be chasing hard to get it taken care of, 'cause it's only a matter of time 'til it will start smelling like moldy nutsack. And nobody wants that! :puke:

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PacificaX said:
Nissan has a service bulletin out for this problem. So if you're having trouble, the stealership has a "fix" supposedly...

If my truck had this problem, I would be chasing hard to get it taken care of, 'cause it's only a matter of time 'til it will start smelling like moldy nutsack. And nobody wants that! :puke:
ha ha exactly well lately its been cold so i havent been using the ac but still it must be repaired

·
on line
139 Posts
PacificaX said:

Moldy nutsack, that's it exactly! I figured someone could describe it. Febreze only works for so long. I found out about the wet carpet over the weekend while installing a new stereo. I was down under the steering wheel and notice the wetness (under the rubber floor mats). I pulled up the carpet and notice it and the cushion were soaked! No AC for at least two months, though. I'll see what the dealership has to say. Thanks!

BTW, I've got an 05 S.

·
on line
139 Posts
travis said:
Do you by chance know where the AC drain hose is? i wouldnt mind checking it out to make sure everything is in good order.
Sorry, no clue. I've been "enjoying" my warranty by letting them handle everything for now.

D-Rock

·
on line
139 Posts
PacificaX said:

Do you know any of the details of this service bulletin, like a number that identifies it or something?

My dealership seems to be a bit dense at times -- it would be nice to be able to point it out to them in black and white.

D-Rock

·
on line
58 Posts
did you figure this out? I just realized i have an amp under there - i would hate to have that be sitting in a fking puddle.

·
on line
4,434 Posts
The problem is that your drain is clogged. When air is blown across the A/C evaporator coils, the humidity in the air condenses and changes state from vapor to liquid. That liquid has to have someplace to go. It normally drips off of the evaporator coils and drains out to the outside of your vehicle, and when running the A/C you normally would see a puddle forming under the center of the truck when parked if there is enough humidity in the air. If the drain is clogged, i.e. dirt stuck up in it, or dirt and dust is blown in with the air from the A/C / heater fan, that water is just going to fill up the air box and drip out inside the passenger compartment, apparently right where you noticed it in the passenger side front.

Usual fix is to fish some wire in the drain to unclog it, then use some diluted bleach water squirted into the vents to try and deodorize and kill any mold growing in the air box.

If it was a broken heater core, you'd notice a sweet smell from the glycol in the coolant, and a subsequent drop in your coolant level in the car. Also, whenever I've had heater cores go out, they didn't drip out, but put steam inside the passenger compartment through the air vents.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts