Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike is a pretty patient guy..Bought my shackles,to go with my e-bay spacers..He says he has a new lift coming out for the X,,thats all he would say..I dont know if anyones been there ,kinda feels like the whole place will fall on your head any Minute! Pretty cool..Saw his nissan trucks..Pictures alot nicer!! Talked about tires..Still says NO way a 33 will fit on our X,even after i know he has seen pictures.. ,,,Oh well..Checked out his 275$ pro-comp rims on his trucks...Looked like some one soaked them in saltwater! Real nice guy ..

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Hmm, well, a true 33, especially if it's a Super Swamper, might not fit, but my 285/75R16's are 32.8x11.5 and they fit with no problems, so not sure what he is talking about.

But again, he's the same one that told me it was Nissan's fault that the AC AAL caused vibration. Odd that they sell shims now.

But to be honest, they are responsive to questions, even if I don't concider the answer suitable.

·
on line
335 Posts
yeah, that whole 33" thing has come up a couple times...i remember when their coil lift first came out, Dan G. contacted them to say that a 33 would fit stock......Jane told him that they'd keep the 32" up for liability issues...

so either he's dense, or its a whole lotta CYA

·
on line
1,831 Posts
285/75R16's : 32.8
255/85R16's : 33.3

Lol, Syndicate wins!

No but really, you'd think it's been proven enough by now that the aprox 33" tire fits. Especially enough for an aftermarket shop to admit it.
________
Lovely Wendie

·
on line
1,320 Posts
No but really, you'd think it's been proven enough by now that the aprox 33" tire fits. Especially enough for an aftermarket shop to admit it.
I agree but i can also see their side... they get some Noob offroader that gets their lift and then throws on some 33's expecting no rub and then calls AC bitching because the tires touch the plastic inner fender... definitely coverin' their asses.
Of course they could always use the phrase "will fit with slight modification"!

·
on line
1,638 Posts
I did the same lift. Gave 2" rear and just over 2" front. Like how it
gave the pretty even lift all around.
Have fun.... :bounce:

·
TNX Administrator
20,252 Posts
xterrock said:
I did the same lift. Have fun.... :bounce:
Xterrock - Is this you in the pool??? :bounce:

·
on line
1,638 Posts
stupid Darth Vader. I told him to burn those pics of me.
When I get back to the spaceship.... gonna give him a light saber right
up his ass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts