Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
@mtnbound, in case you are interested, here is the spot when you can find the guy. Look for Ramness. I've bought a lot of things from him over the years and have have 100% honest transactions from him. I am like you, when something cracks or isn't perfect anymore, I want it fixed or replaced. Drives me nuts. Ramness has allowed me to do this for my Xterra without going broke. LOL!

Reactions: mtnbound

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
@mtnbound, in case you are interested, here is the spot when you can find the guy. Look for Ramness. I've bought a lot of things from him over the years and have have 100% honest transactions from him. I am like you, when something cracks or isn't perfect anymore, I want it fixed or replaced. Drives me nuts. Ramness has allowed me to do this for my Xterra without going broke. LOL!

I'll definitely check that out! i have some 3m epoxy coming, we'll see how well that works.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I used the 3m epoxy today and it appears to be working. I applied the epoxy and then used a piece of 1x2 braced up against the visor to apply constant pressure to it. left it like that for a few hours before it came loose while driving. put it back once i parked it so it will sit with pressure applied all night. hopefully it will fully cure like that and be good for a while. I have a trip coming up and just didn't want this piece halfway hanging off the whole time. the epoxy is transparent at this stage so not too visible but there is a small bead of it that kinda squeezed out of the crack as pressure was applied. maybe ill sand it down, maybe not lol i may just leave it alone until i can find a replacement part.

this is what i used:

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
thanks, eventually i may do that. for now the epoxy is working

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Got any repaired product pics?
yep, just been too lazy to post them!

Car Vehicle Steering part Plant Radio

Vehicle Car Hood Grille Speedometer

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Yellow

not exactly like it never happened, but at least its not sticking out at me like the middle finger of my dashboard!

If it cracks again in the same spot or somewhere else, Ill look into finding a replacement.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts