Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 9 year old nephew has thought that the Hummer was the coolest truck ever, wants one, wants my sister and brother inlaw to buy one, yada yada yada. All his school projects relate to the hummer in one way or another............Till i finally got to take my Xterra over their house this summer and do some mild urban wheeling with him.

My sister called me tongiht to tell me that he had spelling and vocab in school and one word was "drive." He had to make sentences and stuff with the words and his sentence was going to be about a hummer, but he decided that the X was waaaaaaay cooler. So here is what we get...

"My Uncle Mark drives a really cool Nissan Xterra."

Hey, we have to convert the kids one at a time, make them see the light.

·
on line
896 Posts
awesome, way to get them started early, but wait.....are we talking about the H1, H2, or H3?????? I would have to go with an H1 if I had unlimited money (for gas) :cheers:

·
on line
628 Posts
I am trying to convince my girlfriend of the same thing, now of course I have to admit, I would give up the X in a heartbeat for the Alpha, but not for the H2 or H3. but at t a appx. $150,000 (fully dressed), I don't think I'll being giving up the X very soon.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
USArmyX said:
I am trying to convince my girlfriend of the same thing, now of course I have to admit, I would give up the X in a heartbeat for the Alpha, but not for the H2 or H3. but at t a appx. $150,000 (fully dressed), I don't think I'll being giving up the X very soon.
You can find them fully dressed for ONLY $80,000 to $90,000

Find you a military one and then you got it for about $20,000 to $30,000

·
on line
628 Posts
brutus_skx said:
USArmyX said:
You can find them fully dressed for ONLY $80,000 to $90,000

Find you a military one and then you got it for about $20,000 to $30,000
I work on these enough to know I damn sure don't want the Military version, but on the other hand, I would have access to parts.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
^^ yeah I know what ya mean about the military ones, 7.5 years active duty here. We beat on em pretty bad; but the ones on Ebay that I have seen don't look to be in bad shape usually. Most of them have already been fixed for the most part.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
I donno, the H3's are starting to look pretty tempting since they are getting a V8. they are already pretty darn good offroad, but horrible on the highway. Now I bet they will have the power they need for highway driving.

But I still love my X!!!

(I guess i should take this sticker off my truck since i just sortof promoted them)

·
on line
1,208 Posts
yeah, they are getting better, but the X still beat out the H3 and the FJ for Mid size SUV of the year.

3 YEARS IN A ROW!!!!

Put that in your juice boxes and suck it H3 owners!!!

·
on line
35 Posts
X2, Brutus!

·
on line
1,206 Posts
brutus_skx said:
yeah, they are getting better, but the X still beat out the H3 and the FJ for Mid size SUV of the year.

3 YEARS IN A ROW!!!!

Put that in your juice boxes and suck it H3 owners!!!
X3!! Hell ya!

·
on line
1,208 Posts
^^SWEETNESS!

·
on line
896 Posts
if you ever get in one, it is almost like the FJ, you cant see a thing. The windows are about the size of a laptop. I'll keep my X anyday over that thing

·
on line
106 Posts
The H3 V8 Alpha I think will put the X to rest. In it's stock version its spec's are far more advanced than the X.

·
on line
735 Posts
I did notice that they upgraded the v8 h3 alpha with a cast iron front diff housing.

What I have always wanted was an Infiniti QXterra with the 5.6l V8 and the bigger titan front drivertrain. dreaming, I'm sure...they didn't even beef up the front drive on the v8 pathy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts