Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally get to change my signature line…

Just got a new '06 Granite OR tonight!

I'm sure a few of you know, I've been lingering around the site for a while, doing some research and saving for a hefty down payment. Well I emailed all the internet managers at area dealerships about a month ago to get some ideas on what to expect to pay, and what I needed to shoot for as far as a down payment/financing goes. By doing so, I got offers for anywhere from $500-$2000 UNDER invoice; never left the house, only talked to one guy on the phone, and really the only time it took was to write up and respond to a few e-mails. I'm sold on this method of buying a new car, and don't think I'll ever do a walk-in, talk-to-the-first-salesman method of buying ever again. Heck, I think it even beats going thru carsdirect or a similar firm... just eliminates another middleman (not to mention the headaches some people have had with them).

So, walked in for a test drive Saturday night, spotted the internet manager I had been working with (I had gotten his card in person previously), and took the OR we wanted for a spin around the block, as well as an S to compare the different rides. My wife and I both liked the ride of the OR better... we liked the stiffer suspension and thought it handled bumps and dips better. The IM asked us if we could actually feel a difference in the ride, to which we responded absolutely, and he conceded to the same towards the end of the test drive. So, that sealed the decision for us, even though we wanted the OR anyway.

After we got back from the test drive, we walked in the office, printed out the previous email quote, and got it okayed by the sales manager. I mentioned about the spare being a steel wheel, which he was surprised about (so was the sales manager), but said they would swap it out. Heck, even the sales manager said that he would have to check the one on his Xterra, lol.

So, all said and done, we got the OR, stickered at $28,715, plus them swapping out the spare (free of course), and a two-year service agreement thrown in, for $24,215 (includes $1000 rebate and $500 college grad rebate). That's $1000 under invoice BEFORE the rebates! I don't think we did too shabby, especially considering we did essentially zero haggling. I did let me talk me into a 5 yr, 75K mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, but figured it was worth the $1200 for piece of mind and any exploded front diffs over the next few years.

Now, time to start E-baying the junk I don't want. :geek: ~Steve

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Congrats!

Awesome price. That was about what my MT OR cost before taxes, title, etc...

I bought my last two vehicles by only dealing with the internet manager. Even got them to agree to lower financing before I agreed to anything. For the X they made me deals on the S model, but had no problems giving me the MT OR for the same price.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Congrats. That is how I picked up mine, all on emails and only went into the dealership twice, and one of those times was to pick it up. It just makes life easier.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm sold on buying from the IM. I sent him one e-mail for the price, and he came in at $24715, the I got the extra $500 off by financing thru Nissan. When my wife and I were sitting in his office, paperwork done, just waiting to go to finance, we could hear a guy arguing back and forth with a salesman to try and get down to invoice; we both just looked at each other and chuckled. That is a headache I don't regret skipping!

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Congrats man. You'll love that thing. Enjoy that locker.

·
on line
52 Posts
Congrats on your X and a great deal :bom:

You mentioned that you got a 2 year serivice agreement thrown in; what is that?

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D.B. Cooper said:
Congrats on your X and a great deal :bom:

You mentioned that you got a 2 year serivice agreement thrown in; what is that?
Factory scheduled maintenance for the first two years. Basically a few free oil changes and tire rotations.

·
on line
295 Posts
Nice! You'll love it in the snow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts