Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
TNX Administrator
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome our newest Supporting Vendor (Nick C.)....

They are an automotive lighting design company in St. Louis: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/

And will be introducing there new Off-road lighting, as the prices will be very competitive and the quality will be on-par with the current industry leader (Rigid).

Old Navy

·
AutoGuide Supporting Vendors
232 Posts
Hello Everyone!

We are very pleased to be a part of this great community! I look forward to becoming an active, helpful member of this forum and getting to know all of you better.

I appreciate all of your support for Diode Dynamics, and I am excited to show you the products we carry for the Xterra

Please feel free to contact us at anytime with any lighting related questions. Whether you are inquiring about our products or just want to learn more about lighting in general, we are here to help.

Here is a link to the Research section on our site: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/research.html

If you've purchase from us before, be sure to post up some pictures to receive "Diode Points" for a discount off your next order.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Nick C.
Sales Manager
Diode Dynamics
(314) 205-3033
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Nice site.

·
on line
3,453 Posts
So I have a few questions pertaining to the LED bulbs....

I'm interested in the XP80 for tail lights....do you have any actual pics of it in the housing lit up? I realize it is out of stock right now but I'm interested.

Also, do you have a specific flasher replacement for Xterras? If so, where can I find them?

Thanks!

·
232 Posts
As far as the LED replacement bulbs go:

Nothing offered in today's markets is a suitable, and reliable solution. You'll still have better results with one of our HID conversion kits.

1. LED replacement headlights typically have a cooling fan mounted at the base of the bulb, this component is highly unreliable and will cause major heat issues

2. LED replacement headlights are being marketed very aggressively with false information. I've seen vendors claim up to 9000 lumens of output with these bulbs. That's completely unfeasible and unrealistic. For reference, a quality HID conversion kit will generate roughly 3200 lumens of actual output, which is more than enough to get the job done. These LED headlights typically produce less measured lumens than OEM halogens

3. The position of the actual LEDs pays no attention to the design of the actual headlight housing itself, thus greatly increasing the glare and providing a pretty awful output pattern. No LED headlight replacement is DOT compliant either.

We are in the process of designing a new headlight replacement, but please avoid these LED replacement headlights. LEDs have come a long way, but these bulbs are not what the manufactures are claiming.

Now!

For the XP80's, they are an incredibly bright self-contained LED bulb. They are perfect for tinted taillights and produce over twice as many lumens as your factory bulb. I don't have an example with an Xterra to show you yet (First to submit one will be rewarded)

We do have a flasher available on our site for the Xterra as well

Feel free to email us if you need any additional information: [email protected]

Thank you!

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome, I enjoyed your website, very easy to use. Look forward to buying some replacements for my tail lights soon.

·
on line
3,453 Posts
Thanks, I'll try to get that XP80's when they come in....along with some backup lights.

And I'll look into the turn signals after I see how the XP80's do.

Please do let us know for the 2005+ models as flasher goes.

·
232 Posts
LED and HID are just the technologies used, there are LEDs that are brighter than HIDs and vice versa, but it all depends on the application and the designs.

Our off-road lighting for example, is LED, and is considerably brighter than most HID conversion kits

Educating is a big part of our mission here at DD

Nick C.

·
232 Posts
Lol...well, that's one of the sad parts about the lighting industry. Those kind of vendors create the misconceptions that we have to work so hard to clear up for people.

They probably didn't do any product R&D and blindly used manufacturer's specs. We design all of our products and measure them (don't know if I mentioned that yet) so you know everything we sell is accurately described.

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Welcome fellow St Louisan! I drive by Earth City every day on the way to work. PM me if you need an X to test things on.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
So being as you are in the lighting business, I see your HID kit does not have projector lenses. Is there a difference in bulb quality that will cause glare in the stock housing, or are they sold seperately on your site, or are they really not needed?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts