Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I did some reading through electrical forums and didn't find anything like this, so maybe some of you can help. My 06 recently acquired some electrical gremlins. One concerns the keyless entry. When I unlock/lock it, it still works, but the horn no longer toots and the running lights blink only when I either lock or unlock (can't remember which at the moment).

The other issue is the low tire indicator light. I figured it was a sensor going bad, but I had my local tire store check them with a handheld reader and they were all spewing data like they're supposed to. I've checked the pressure many times and the tires are within spec. The light will blink for a while, then steady, then blink. Drivin me nuts. This is getting to be like owning a VW.

:confused:

Edit - Obviously that should read "TPMS". Derp.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Okay, I did some reading through electrical forums and didn't find anything like this, so maybe some of you can help. My 06 recently acquired some electrical gremlins. One concerns the keyless entry. When I unlock/lock it, it still works, but the horn no longer toots and the running lights blink only when I either lock or unlock (can't remember which at the moment).

The other issue is the low tire indicator light. I figured it was a sensor going bad, but I had my local tire store check them with a handheld reader and they were all spewing data like they're supposed to. I've checked the pressure many times and the tires are within spec. The light will blink for a while, then steady, then blink. Drivin me nuts. This is getting to be like owning a VW.

:confused:
If you hold the buttons on the fob at the same time for 5 seconds I think it switches from beep mode to non-beep mode. If your lights are not flashing when you lock it that can mean one of the doors are ajar.

Do the TPMS reset or have your local dealer do it, that should fix your sensor issue.
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40601

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you hold the buttons on the fob at the same time for 5 seconds I think it switches from beep mode to non-beep mode. If your lights are not flashing when you lock it that can mean one of the doors are ajar.

Do the TPMS reset or have your local dealer do it, that should fix your sensor issue.
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40601
I did not know that about the different modes. Maybe I'll leave it as is, then.

I haven't been on this site in 2 years, but I see that Nissan finally acknowledged the transmission/radiator issue and recalled them. I did the bypass as soon as I learned about it, but I now have a minor XM fluid leak from one of the hoses. I want to keep this thing a long time, so I hope these issues don't become a chronic thing.

·
on line
6,543 Posts
Wait - women come with a PMS sensor now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts