Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi X terrians,

Last week i'll sent an order to AC and they replyed ;

I have processed your order and it is ready to be shipped. This week we had to change our policy for shipping to Canada because no all of your Canadian compatriots are aware of the customs that must be paid on items being brought into the Country. I have attached a form that must be signed and returned before we can ship your items. Please read it carefully and reply. You can fax it back or you can scan and send a signed copy to me in email. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Letter of Acceptance

I agree that it is my responsibility to cover the costs of the customs and the duties that may be billed to me in connection with the parts that I am importing into my country. I am aware that I may be charged fees, the sum of which I do not at present time know. While I have already paid for the cost of the Shipping ofthese parts, that amount I have been charged was solely a shipping fee and I understand that this fee doesnot include the fees I may be accessed in connection the clearing of customs. I understand that I have the right to have my own broker to aid in the clearing of my goods into thecountry. With each shipment I can elect to arrange for my own brokering of these items and if I decline bynot arranging in writing or by email to 4x4parts.com/Automotive Customizers for the goods to be brokeredby someone of my choosing I release Automotive Customizers/4x4parts.com from any responsibilty tohandle the brokering, the brokerage fees or any fees related to this shipment and future shipments; If I do notarrange for my own broker, I acknowledge that a third party firm may be assigned to broker the items I amimporting across the border. I acknowledge that this third party is not affiliated with AutomotiveCustomizers and that Automotive Customizers/4x4parts.com is not responsible for either the clearing of mygoods or any of the fees that I may be accessed with regard to the brokering of these items.I considered that the fees on importing these parts across the border may be exorbitant however I wish toproceed. I understand that this form will be kept on file and the information herein will apply on any and allpresent and future orders I place online at 4x4parts.com or 4x4partsplus.com, via email, or by telephone. I acknowledge that at my request Automotive Customizers is sending these parts that I am importingand so that any costs incurred in the brokering of these goods will be my sole responsibility. Since I acceptthat I am importing these goods and I am responsible for any taxes, duties or fees I may be accessed by mygovernment through a broker or third party firm in connection with my importing of these goods, ifAutomotive Customizers/ 4x4parts.com are inadvertently charged for these fees, I wil assume all costsincluding any arbitration costs should it come to that point. Should I neglect to cover any of the fees incurredwith my shipments, I understand that any and all information collected on me may be turned to a collectionsagency and I may be responsible for legal fees and or arbitration fees. Also, I accept the following terms & conditions:

1. I will cover all the costs of the fees, taxes, and duties on my imported goods.

2. I will pay Automotive Customizers for any fees that may be inadvertently charged to them in connectionwith my importing of these goods.

3. If at such time as I refuse the shipment after it is en route, I will cover the cost of the return shipping andwill not be entitled to a reimbursement on either the initial shipping or the return shipping.

If I refused theshipment after it has cleared customs I acknowledge that I may still be accessed fees and I will cover these aswell.Print NameSignatureDateMy signature below indicates that I have read, understand, and agree to each of the above cited terms andconditions. I have been given the opportunity to ask questions and have decided to proceed with this shipmentAutomotive Customizers1700 NW 22 Ct Unit 2Pompano Beach, FL 33069Phone 954-971-3510Fax 954-971-3770

:evil3: There's somebody want to sign this ?????

If someone can give me the Brand and number of this Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

and the number of the parts of this bilstein 5100 series shock

I'll do my shopping somewhere else, Thanks a lot.

·
on line
237 Posts
I don't know what you're all worked up about... there's nothing in that letter of acceptance that says anything about handing over your first born child....or any other children....just a blank cheque.

I wouldn't be signing that, rather I would attempt to get some shop (who is familiar to importing) to import it for you. At least they may have some idea as to the associated risk...ie they are brokering it for you.

·
on line
81 Posts
I've seen similiar agreements when I have bought Items from companies outside the US. This one does seem a little excessive though. Normally it's just a short statement about how the shipping fee's do not cover import fees.

·
on line
210 Posts
GreyWolf said:
... This one does seem a little excessive though. Normally it's just a short statement about how the shipping fee's do not cover import fees.
I agree... Another god reason to leave AC alone.

Xtrem, You could drop a line to EHR on the xterraquebec forum. You can also try national4wd.com in Chateaugay.

Regards,

·
on line
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a solution,

My cousin from fortlauderdale will pickup the parts for me and it's the last time i do business with AC.

Bye...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts