Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose anybody know the difference in weight of a BFG KO 265/75R16 and the stock Rugged Trail tires?

I will get the KO's if I don't have to pay a huge weight penalty.
I'm not interested in going any bigger at this time.

Thanks in advance,

Vince :clown:

·
on line
1,114 Posts
I can' t imagine the A/T's being more than a few lbs. heavier per tire so long as you stay with the same exact size.

The BFG A/T's are arguably one of the best tires you can spend your money on. Don't give it another thought.

·
on line
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
05XOR said:
I can' t imagine the A/T's being more than a few lbs. heavier per tire so long as you stay with the same exact size.

The BFG A/T's are arguably one of the best tires you can spend your money on. Don't give it another thought.
Having owned 6 sets of BFG KO's in 30", 31", 32", 33, 285's and 35" sizes, trust me, I KNOW they are one of the best all purpose tire out there.

My only concern is the added weight of a load range "D" tire and the stock passenger car tires.

·
on line
259 Posts
OME's: 39lbs
BFG T/A KO range D: 51lbs.

It will affect your city milage the most (accel/decel), but you should see much effect on highway millage (constant speed) other than the effect of the "noisy" thread.

·
on line
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
usmc xterra said:
My weight is for Long Trail and I don't know what load range BFG I have.
They are about bulletproof for sure, great all around and I am pretty sure dusts anything else in sales. Very popular for a reason. MC
As far as I know, the 16" sizes are only available in load ranges "D" or "E"

·
on line
1,716 Posts
Vinman said:
usmc xterra said:
My weight is for Long Trail and I don't know what load range BFG I have.
They are about bulletproof for sure, great all around and I am pretty sure dusts anything else in sales. Very popular for a reason. MC
As far as I know, the 16" sizes are only available in load ranges "D" or "E"

You are correct. As for the 17" tires for the SE crowd there is a load range "C" in 265/70/17. I'm thinking about changing my rims to 17", what do you guys think about going with a "C" load range tire for out X's?

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/specs/all-terrain-t-a-ko/44.html

·
on line
551 Posts
I would think the C range would be a good compromise, unless you do a lot of wheeling, which I believe is where the D range does better with the stiffer sidewall. As I'm not changing tires till at least next year (the other vehicle needs them more) I'll have plenty of time to think on this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts