Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who's going wheeling over the long weekend? If you are where are ya headed?

I'm headed down to Katemcy Rocks offroad park here in TX. Should be a good time.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
I am jealous. I will be watching the little man this weekend as my wife has to work all three days. Payback for taking July 4th week off.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Keith
Strap the little man in and head for the trails! We take one of my climbing buddies kids on a pretty descent trail and he loves it. Put a little Metallica on and the kid will be head banging before you know it! :cheers:
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
RogueClimber said:
Keith
Strap the little man in and head for the trails! We take one of my climbing buddies kids on a pretty descent trail and he loves it. Put a little Metallica on and the kid will be head banging before you know it! :cheers:
I would, but he is only 7 months (today). Too much work to wheel and tend to his needs right now.

He did go on the UNYX Winery tour.



 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
You are all lucky!! these is labor day weekend so that means that i have to work even harder
 

·
on line
Joined
·
295 Posts
Hey you got the Starcraft up an running, that's great! How'd it tow?
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
Night in Armor said:
Hey you got the Starcraft up an running, that's great! How'd it tow?
Yup. I replaced 2 of the lifting cables, re-wired the lights, fix the roof leak, new safety chains, new lifting jack, and re-greased the bears.

It will be a great camper to tow to wheeling spots.


How did I tow the camper. Come on. Do you have to ask? The X towed it strong for 4+ hours up some steep hills. Nice!

 

·
on line
Joined
·
295 Posts
Sweet! did you electric brake it? I did my Rockwood for the mountains.

Speaking of, Colorado awaits.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
Night in Armor said:
Sweet! did you electric brake it? I did my Rockwood for the mountains.

Speaking of, Colorado awaits.
No. There were hydraulic brakes, but the drums were frozen so for the time being I just pulled them off. (I hear MC gasping) No the brightest idea, but I was not investing in new brakes for a POS camper.

I would like to upgrade to a newer slideout camper.

Yes Colorado awaits as does most of the Western US. I need to get more employees so I can take 6 weeks off. That monster mountain heading out of denver on I-70 would be fun to test the X's towing power.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Glad to see the little fella is starting off right!

Have a great weekend everyone! :cheers:
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
Koko, you give me hope! There is life after children.
Our first test will be next weekend! Our lil boy is 4 months and we're going on a short beach vacation (staying in a hotel)... i can't wait; it's long overdue.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
lifeinthesouth said:
Koko, you give me hope! There is life after children.
Our first test will be next weekend! Our lil boy is 4 months and we're going on a short beach vacation (staying in a hotel)... i can't wait; it's long overdue.
Hell yeah. He has been all over the place. Already on a plane, couple of long car trips, planning on heading to Florida in the late fall, and North Carolina and Georgia for x-mas.

We don't let the kid slow us down. It just limits the wheelin'. Still trying to find a decent Kelty kid pack so we can do some day hikes when mom is work. Surprisingly Northern NJ has a ton of trails.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
kokopop said:
lifeinthesouth said:
Still trying to find a decent Kelty kid pack so we can do some day hikes when mom is work. Surprisingly Northern NJ has a ton of trails.
See if you can find a Vau De Kids pack. Saw them at the Outdoor retailer show and they looked superior to Kelty...
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,217 Posts
My weekend plans consist of being right here working. I'm working the entire weekend. Got monday off only to come back Tue and Wed. Then I'm done working for the Navy for good. :cheers: I get out on Friday. I can't wait. Gotta try to get my papers signed Tues.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
lifeinthesouth said:
At the bike shop I used to run we got hooked up with VauDe; I can vouch for their products... good stuff!
Never heard of them. Thanks for the info I will check them out. Campmor only had Kelty and Dueter to try out.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top