Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Looks like a nice area. I say put that second pic up for TOTM...
Edit: Hell even the first one :D

·
on line
1,208 Posts
nice

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Too clean.

I see in that first picture that they have safely blocked all access to actually getting off the road to prevent you from driving over the dirt.

I lived in Washington for a few years and found that most property was privately owned and what wasn't was blocked off to prevent/reduce people from using/abusing it. The more land that got blocked meant that those people wish to drive off road were forced into smaller and smaller areas which caused additional wear and tear on the land. One exception to the private property locked was one of the local Indian reservations where I could off-road without driving an hour away. The tribal policed didn't mind so long as we didn't create a mess.

·
on line
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PaulXyZ said:
Too clean.

Um ya, the ground is frozen, and the first photo is a trail head-- as in hiking trail head.

·
on line
149 Posts
ok, couple of questions.

what lift and tire size? what's that thing attached to the hitch?

great looking maching and pics, by the way.

·
on line
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
p.staff said:
ok, couple of questions.

what lift and tire size? what's that thing attached to the hitch?

great looking maching and pics, by the way.
Stock tire size 265/75, AC shackles and Top Gunz spacers, bike rack on the back.

·
on line
91 Posts
Ram,
Were these taken some were up I-90. That area looks real familiar. except last weekend there was 30" of snow before all the rain.

·
on line
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
synjohn said:
Ram,
Were these taken some were up I-90. That area looks real familiar. except last weekend there was 30" of snow before all the rain.
That was Hwy 2, Spada Reservoir area. The weekend before last there was too much snow to go where those photos were taken, but last weekend it had all melted off and I was able to follow the south shore road 'til it ended - wife was gone for the weekend.

·
on line
91 Posts
That is out past Sultan correct? xEdgex that could be a good all day trip to reiters pit and the reservoir.

·
on line
360 Posts
synjohn said:
That is out past Sultan correct? xEdgex that could be a good all day trip to reiters pit and the reservoir.
yeah, it's off Sultan Basin road.. quite a few miles in. It'd be awesome to get a group together and hit those trails! If we did Reiter, it would probably be a good idea to round up someone with a winch. If we kept it "light" we should be alright.. just not sure of the trail condition after the recent storms, and there were about 5 or so winch recoveries that last time I went.

·
on line
91 Posts
You are probably right. Reiters pits are more likely reiters lake after that 6 inches of rain last week.

·
on line
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alexrex20 said:
there are no bikes on the bike rack, so why keep it on there when on the trail?
Why not keep it on, it's not in the way and I mtn. bike a couple times a week-- can't see taking it off just to put it back on?

·
on line
112 Posts
i used to keep mine on the back, until one day on the trails i had to do a 3-point in a tight trail, and the bike rack was a big hassle. first i tried to do the u-turn with it on the back, and when that didn't work i had to get out and get muddy to remove it.

it's a once-in-a-lifetime situation, but after that one time, i never left it on the back when i didn't need it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts