Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howzit, Nothing like having some time off and being at the beach in Waimanalo on a weekday.

We pretty much had the beach to ourselves.

A couple of islands as our back drop.

I'm so stoked with my bumper! Ordered in feburuary, arrived in august, installed in november. Well worth the wait.

I can only attempt to make up for the lack of 4 wheelin' pics with sun, sand, and warm water in November. Aloha, nalu's one

·
on line
1,420 Posts
awesome pics........can you tell me more about your lift kit? where did you get it? etc.......i havent been able to find anything here by searching?

- j

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howzit, I am running AC coils and TC uca's up front. With AC shackles, Calmini aal, Pro Comp Mx-6 adj. shocks, and extended brake lines on the rear. I am saving up for PRG coil-overs and shackles though. For the price of this lift I am very satisfied with its performance and appearance.
Aloha, nalu's one

·
on line
628 Posts
Do you happen to know a part number on those MX-6 Shocks? I am interested in trying them out, but in the Pro Comp spec sheets they don't have them listed for an Xterra.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Great pics dude. Thank you for sharing. Is that bumper gray coated? If so, do you like the color and does it blend in well with the factory color?

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Howzit, The part # for the Pro Comp MX-6 shocks is MX6070. It’s for an 87-95 Jeep YJ 4WD and it’s the same shocks that MC uses if I'm not mistaken. They have an extended length of 23.50 in. and a compressed length of 15.59 in. I have around 4 in. of lift in the back and there is still a lot more room for articulation. Also what’s nice with these shocks is that they are adjustable and require no shims or spacers like the rancho shocks do.

The shrock bumper is factory matched in color by Jim and powder coated grey. I could not be more pleased with a grey bumper and its well worth the wait and money.
Aloha, nalu's one

·
on line
628 Posts
Thanks for the part number, is there any reason that these would be too much for a mere 2 1/2 inches in the rear. Is it possible to have to much length keeping in mind I plan to extend the brake lines at the same time I switch to after market shocks?

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Jasontamu said:
awesome pics........can you tell me more about your lift kit? where did you get it? etc.......i havent been able to find anything here by searching?

- j
Jason, if you go to the Suspension & Tire section there is a sticky that compares many possible options for lifts and where you can get them. PLus, in that same section is many many posts about lifts. That's how I decided on mine, just reading the posts. And it just arrived today!!!

·
on line
12 Posts
Is that at Waimanalo beach park or Bellows? I was stationed at Bellows for a few years (91-94) so the pictures brought back lots of memories. I really liked that area.

I only had a 1980 280ZX at the time but I used to take it out to play sometimes.

·
on line
671 Posts
Man...that little guy is adorable
truck is sweet also

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Howzit, Yes this is bellows beach park in waimanalo I've always just called the whole stretch of beach from kailua to makapu'u waimanalo. I'm assuming that datroubl you were in the air force then?

And USArmyX I think that these shocks will be perfect for 2 1/2 in. of lift in the rear. If I'm not mistaken MC has shackles, Mx-6 shocks, and timbrens in the rear. If anything I think that I may run the risk of over extending these shocks with 4 in. in the rear. If anyone knows more please speak up.
Aloha, nalu's one

·
on line
12 Posts
I only knew it was Bellows from being there for so long. I was active Air Force at the time. I worked in the comm site that was by the hairpin turn and the first big parking area. I believe they have since removed the fence that made our building look like a prison. : )

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Waimanalo (Bellows) Revisited

Howzit, Back again on a Wednesday and no one around we have the beach again all to ourselves.

We set up shop.

Mom's going for a swim.

Catching some waves.

Mom you were out there forever! ( 5 minutes )

Dad your turn...

I love my xterra, but I love these two more.

Forget that! I'm diggin' holes.

The xterra is so at home on the beach.

Dad can I ride home on the longboard?

Mom says no way!

When you live on an island with close to a million people, having a beach to yourself for the day is a something special. Bellows, always a good time. Enjoy!

nalu's one

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Man, those beach pics are nice. Makes me wish i lived over there. The beaches in Long beach dont look like that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts