Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I started off-roading, I decided that I would try to make it as much of an adventure as possible. For a long time, that consisted of weekend trips out to the desert or up in the Big Bear Lakes region. Gradually I started staying out for longer and covering more ground. I quickly realised I needed more fuel capacity. I bought two 20-Liter fuel and two 20-Liter water Wedco Jerrycans. In my last vehicle, a Frontier, the cans were tied down in the bed. Now I use ratchet straps to secure the 4 containers inside my Load Warrior.
My first Jerrycans were plastic but I switched over to metal when one of them leaked due to high temperature expansion and tight ratchet straps.
Because these are leak-proof, you can mount them any way you want.

If you need more fuel or water on your trips, I highly reccomend these cans. While I didn't buy mine from the website below, they do provide a good breakdown on why they're so great.

Just remember, if you live in California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, or Washington DC, you must buy CARB compliant Jerrycans. Wedco produces both CARB compliant and NON compliant jerrycans.

CARB-compliant version, includes a compliant spout.:

Non-compliant version.:

Wedco Water Jerrycan (interior surfaces are lined with a food-grade coating and the caps are sealed with food-grade gaskets):

Try Ebay first, as you can find them for less money.
https://www.expeditionexchange.com/wedco/
________
FORD BARRA ENGINE HISTORY

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Wow I see you have found expedition exchange! It is an awesome store.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Very cool idea. I like the slim look, it doesn't look like it can carry almost 4 gallons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts