Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't find much other than people were thinking about trying this product: Linky

So, has anyone installed the WeatherTech Bug Deflector? Are you happy with it? Does it send wind to your wipers? Will it hold up in a car wash with strong blowers :)cyclopsani:)? I see that it uses 3M adhesive and not any screws or fasteners.

Thanks!

·
on line
400 Posts
E-roc said:
I did a search and didn't find much other than people were thinking about trying this product: Linky

So, has anyone installed the WeatherTech Bug Deflector? Are you happy with it? Does it send wind to your wipers? Will it hold up in a car wash with strong blowers :)cyclopsani:)? I see that it uses 3M adhesive and not any screws or fasteners.

Thanks!
with attachments like this they say "try and avoid machine car washes"

·
on line
400 Posts
Attached easily to most SUV's, trucks, minivans, or cars using either a 3M®-brand automotive adhesive tape, or fasteners that use existing holes in the vehicle's hood.

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NyCXterra said:
Attached easily to most SUV's, trucks, minivans, or cars using either a 3M®-brand automotive adhesive tape, or fasteners that use existing holes in the vehicle's hood.
I saw that, but then further down where one can click to buy, it states that 3M automotive tape is used under the hood (not the fasteners).

·
on line
400 Posts
email the support and ask them.. but im sure if they say that it can be either or than it can be either or

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Does that thing truly do anything other than protect the section of hood it's covering?

·
on line
60 Posts
I bought the one from Nissan Curtosey Parts. Don't remember the manufacturer. I used the 3M tape to install, and havn't had any problems with it coming loose. I think they look good on the X!

·
on line
1,716 Posts
syndicate said:
Does that thing truly do anything other than protect the section of hood it's covering?
It does protect the hood, but the thing that I like is it re-directs the airflow off of the windshield a bit. I don't have to use the windshield wipers unless it is really coming down hard. Keep in mind that I live in the desert, not we usually only get light rain (except for this winter).

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Ah, interesting. Ok. I just never could quite buy the idea that it really deflected insects away from the window. Guess it really does. I'll probably snag one.

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the response I received via email from WeatherTech:

"The Stone and Bug Deflector for that vehicle mounts using an adhesive tape. The tape is very strong and is able to withstand machine car washes."

·
on line
400 Posts
syndicate said:
Man... you guys actually subject your paint to those dish washers?
Not really the Paint more like the parts being ripped off during the machine wash

·
on line
315 Posts
I had this on my truck...but there were no holes in the hood where the screws supposedly went, and I didn't want to drill, so I only used the 3M tape. The 2 pieces of tape on the far sides came off pretty fast (there were 4, I think), but the 2 inner ones held it in fine. I may have botched the install, who knows. It squeaked a lot over bumps, because it rubbed the sheet metal above the lights.

I liked it because it cut down the amount of bugs splattered on the glass during highway driving, actually by quite a bit. I hate bugs on my windshield.

·
on line
2,875 Posts
just got the nissan bug shield and installed in less than an hour..

it took me almost an hour because I read and re-read the directions making sure I wasn't screwing something up. I have in the past... ;-) The next one, if there would ever be a next one, would take me all of ten minutes.... Pretty easy and straight forward..... And it looks cool making the trucks front end look meaner. Hopefully it will keep the bug/rock impacts to the windshield down to a minimum.. I wil lfind out tomorrow night..

:)

·
on line
2,875 Posts
just got the nissan bug shield and installed in less than an hour..

it took me almost an hour because I read and re-read the directions making sure I wasn't screwing something up. I have in the past... ;-) The next one, if there would ever be a next one, would take me all of ten minutes.... Pretty easy and straight forward..... And it looks cool making the trucks front end look meaner. Hopefully it will keep the bug/rock impacts to the windshield down to a minimum.. I wil lfind out tomorrow night..

:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts