Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife was heading home from work in the 101 freeway here in Phoenix, traffic coming to a stop.. guy behind her in a 98 Chevy truck.. doens't stop in time.. slammed into her.. pushing her into the Dodge Magnum in front of her. She is ok.. some soreness in her neck due to the whiplash affect. Truck appears to be all cosmetic at this point.. but can't get the hood or the hatch open to see for sure. The truck that hit her could not be driven.. ours could! The X took a licking very well though.. and already have her scheduled to get fixed. Although.. I do not like the way State Farm is handling this.. will be shopping for new car insurance when it is all done.

·
on line
237 Posts
Glad to hear your wife is "ok"...hope there is no longer-term neck issues. Too bad about the truck...but its just steel, glass, plastic and rubber.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Did I miss the memo about it being open season on the New X? :bounce:

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Glad that the lady is fine. Don't worry man that thing can be replaced but the lady can't.

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well.. looks like we are finally gonna start getting it fixed. The adjuster from state farm says that he can tell the frame has a bend in it, and they haven't even got it apart yet. If it is bent.. I am gonna be pushing for them to total this X. Wish me luck.. will keep you updated. By the way.. State Farm Sucks! This accident happened 4.5 weeks ago! It has truly been a nightmare.. so we are looking to shop around for insurance. Anyone recommending other companies out there??

·
on line
638 Posts
My family and I have had very, very good luck with Farm Bureau insurance.. you might check them out. I had an accident in January of 2005 and the lady that pulled out in front of me had State Farm. They were very good to us, even though we weren't their customers. I guess it depends on the agency and area. Hope this helps!

·
on line
1,716 Posts
Xd'myJeep said:
Well.. looks like we are finally gonna start getting it fixed. The adjuster from state farm says that he can tell the frame has a bend in it, and they haven't even got it apart yet. If it is bent.. I am gonna be pushing for them to total this X. Wish me luck.. will keep you updated. By the way.. State Farm Sucks! This accident happened 4.5 weeks ago! It has truly been a nightmare.. so we are looking to shop around for insurance. Anyone recommending other companies out there??
I've been with Farmers for 20 years and my wife has had one accident while we were with them. I am very happy with their service.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Ditto on the Farmers...... Ditto on State Farm sucking a$$!!!!!!

I have been in an unfortunatly high number of accidents (only a couple being my fault), with alot of b.s. to go through with them. One time another person was CLEARLY to blame but no tickets were issued by the police (the other person just so happened to have State Farm also). So the insurance company tried to say some crap about it being both of our faults and tried to make both of our rates go up. I had to go hunt the police officer (who was on the scene) down to have him talk to the insurance company and write them a detailed notarize letter in addition to the report!!

Alot more bull has happened with them, but it would take up too much space to explain.... Lets just say I switched and hopefully wont get in any other wrecks.

·
on line
280 Posts
After many, many years with Farmers, I switched to Travelers 2 years ago when I had paid off my Grand Am. I was able to keep full coverage AND cut my cost in HALF. Then when I bought the X I figured my insurance would rise. Even carrying the same full coverage, to my pleasant surprise it did not. I was shocked! Great service too. I highly recommend them!

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Wow - didn't notice your post before dude. I traverse the 101 every day too from Mesa to Scottsdale. I work on Raintree / 101. I've been rear ended twice on that stretch, both within about a mile from Via Ventura when it bends around on that curve and everyone feels the need to slow down and/or stop in rush hour.

Check out the local AZXterra Club sometime - www.azxterraclub.com

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well.. after being without our X since MARCH 5th, we are supposed to get her back on wednesday! What a freak'n joke with the insurance companies out here in Az! On a good note, no frame damage at all, other than the rear horn ends that mount to the bumper. Also.. since the rear bumper was crushed anyways.. I got the body shop to install the aftermarket Shrockworks bumper! Will post pics when I get it back! On a bad note.. the wife still has some soreness and stiffness in her neck. Doc says might never go away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts