Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

261 - 280 of 300 Posts

·
Community Manager/Admin
342 Posts
Boy - If it's Not one Thing it's Another !!!

Trying to make a TNX.org TOTY Poll - But DANG !!

I Can't Make One !!

Because I'm Limited to Only "10" Entries !!

@AG Jeff and/or @AGAdmin - I thought this was corrected to 25 Entries, but is once again stating ONLY "10" Entries....

The last time was for TOTM, so I'm assuming someone either did away with the "25" Entries and thought it was a typo error, changed it back to 10. Or TOTM was changed, but not TOTY, even though they are in the same forum?!? Just took two hours of trying to build a TOTY Poll and flushed it down the drain - Thank you.... As you can see I'm NOT Happy ! 🤬

Old Navy
I will get this sorted for you first thing in the am.

The update seems to have reverted the change.

Jeff M

·
TNX Administrator
19,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Looks like - But thanks again Jeff.

·
TNX Administrator
19,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
@AG Jeff another issue I suspect is the result of our site updates; members are no longer able to update their "For Sell" Threads / Posts as indicate in the "Report" [Upper Left Corner] Header....

Don't know if this affected "ALL" Unlimited Edits on everything else that was previously approved?!?

·
Community Manager/Admin
342 Posts
@AG Jeff another issue I suspect is the result of our site updates; members are no longer able to update their "For Sell" Threads / Posts as indicate in the "Report" [Upper Left Corner] Header....

Don't know if this affected "ALL" Unlimited Edits on everything else that was previously approved?!?
Yup, we are working on a resolution for this I think next week.

Are Polls working for you now?

Jeff M

·
TNX Administrator
19,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Have tried yet, been working on Banning Spammers - Will try tonight...

·
TNX Administrator
19,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
@AG Jeff - Nope it Failed to allow me to go beyond Posting more than 10 Photos Attachments for the TOTY Poll, as indicated in screenshot below;

Now if it is just poll line items, then I assume you can do 15 -25, but in these TOTM / TOTY Polls, the members need to see what they are voting for, but can't get past 10 Files.....

·
TNX Administrator
19,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
So I tried it again, but instead up uploading attachments, I cut and paste the photos, but because our site doesn't have auto resizing of posted photos I ran into this, "Your image upload exceeded the maximum limit of 20MB".

So once again I at a stand still concerning polls....

·
Community Manager/Admin
342 Posts
So I tried it again, but instead up uploading attachments, I cut and paste the photos, but because our site doesn't have auto resizing of posted photos I ran into this, "Your image upload exceeded the maximum limit of 20MB".

So once again I at a stand still concerning polls....
Ok so how many images and how many voting options do you need and we can put in a request to update them?

Jeff M

·
TNX Administrator
19,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
For Truck-Of-The-Year, (TOTY) "12".
For Truck-Of-The-Month, (TOTM) "?", (It all depends how many submissions there are).

·
TNX Administrator
19,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
@AG Jeff Bump - Do I now have the able to make a TOTY Poll with 12 Photo File entries yet?

Now for TOTM Polls in the future may need more 12 Photo Files, for example, we had one with 38 Photo File entries.

But wait, I think I may have come up with a way to post a poll without posting individual Photo File entries.

·
TNX Administrator
19,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
@AG Jeff Bump - Do I now have the able to make a TOTY Poll with 12 Photo File entries yet?

Now for TOTM Polls in the future may need more 12 Photo Files, for example, we had one with 38 Photo File entries.

But wait, I think I may have come up with a way to post a poll without posting individual Photo File entries.
@AG Jeff - Got TOTY Poll Posted - Refer to it here;
TheNewX 2019 Truck-Of-The-Year (TOTY) Poll

·
Registered
1 Posts
The pop up for sign in cannot x doesn't work and selection to not enable push notifications doesn't work. In fact I can't see what I'm typing now. Please fix as can't do search

·
TNX Administrator
19,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Check to see if it's still doing it - AutoGuide was doing Maintenance to the site earlier today and this may have caused this issue. I locked off and back on with no problems, but check it out and see what happens.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Ever since we went to this dumpster fire of a forum site, I get constant popups. Not ads but from the forum page itself. Notification preferences, Cookie preferences, some damn popup about a new feature. I get them almost every time I sign in. I usually ignore them but the cookie one refused to let me proceed without selecting about 5 preferences. Anyone else getting this?

·
TNX Veteran
4,091 Posts
Ever since we went to this dumpster fire of a forum site, I get constant popups
Well @satown210 there is always XN. As you know the vast majority of the knowledge base ran away after AG torched this site. That's obvious every time I look in, and see noobs with 9 posts trying to identify a rig that might have a T-swap but just aren't sure. 🤦 I applaud you all for sticking around, but the site has reverted back to "what's the melt mod/" and "what's the biggest tire I can fit?", while having four or five of you vets trying correct all stupid answers from the noobs who don't know shit.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Well @satown210 there is always XN. As you know the vast majority of the knowledge base ran away after AG torched this site. That's obvious every time I look in, and see noobs with 9 posts trying to identify a rig that might have a T-swap but just aren't sure. 🤦 I applaud you all for sticking around, but the site has reverted back to "what's the melt mod/" and "what's the biggest tire I can fit?", while having four or five of you vets trying correct all stupid answers from the noobs who don't know shit.
I've been feeling as of late that the better postings have been here, I would imagine we'll see ebbs and flows between the two, after the switch XN was where is was at but it has slowed down a bit since

·
TNX Administrator
19,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Yeah, It's getting better slowly. When they switched from vB to XF software, they had no idea how to run a site, as prior to that all the site Admins/Mods were doing it. So when it was put into their lap, they had to slam on to the brakes and this where all of our defections occurred, but I stuck around to see what was going to happen. Since then, with the help of various Admins/Mods from all around the world, we have slowly started to bring it back to the vB level, but we still have a long way to go. Viewership & Membership has greatly increased and I can barely keep up with it all. Of course with all this onsite progress, spammer action has increased and they are being a pain.

You can view changes here;

Old Navy

·
TNX Administrator
19,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
Ever since we went to this dumpster fire of a forum site, I get constant popups. Not ads but from the forum page itself. Notification preferences, Cookie preferences, some damn popup about a new feature. I get them almost every time I sign in. I usually ignore them but the cookie one refused to let me proceed without selecting about 5 preferences. Anyone else getting this?
@satown210, There is a fix coming out very shortly for the "Push Notification" pop up bug. Hopefully this week.

Old Navy

261 - 280 of 300 Posts