1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
4,593 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i picked up a couple for earthquake supplies to test. filled it and left it upside down at an angle for a day - no leaks. handle is decent. weight is reasonable. getting the water out is a pita w/ all the corners, but otherwise they work as advertised.

-SM-

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I have been looking at these for a while.( well since this thread was started) . I wonder how it would stand up to the Arizona heat? Am I going to taste plastic during the summer months, or will it be ok to cook with? I sleep in the back of my truck a lot, and I don't want to move them back and forth. Do you think these will work? Is there another option?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
240 Posts
Those waterbricks look pretty cool and for under $20 you can't go wrong.

I used a rotopax water container for a couple years as I got it with my gas containers.

They sit about flush to the top of my Dephep when layed sideways and easy to lash to the roof with the various handles.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've got 3, one for each of my vehicles, supplements my bug out/ get home system. They are very nice, I got the 1.6 gallon container.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
If that question was for me... nope, no funky taste.

When I first bought it, I filled it with tap water and let it sit for about a week, emptied it then refilled with drinking water and no "plasticy" taste at all.

Took it on a 3 day camping trip and it sat on the picnic table exposed to sun for the most part and everything tasted fine to me.. no complaints from others as well.

I did see someone on Amazon said the water can taste plasticy if left in the sun for quite some time. Mine was only for 3 days and it wasn't super hot so who knows.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts